RJ

2019 Flyfishing Shows

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, RJ said:

Peter Laurelli the author of fly fishing videos' is now on UTube. 

He is a genius with his cameras, music and the editing is out standing.

It's 44 minutes long and the UTube version has no glitches in the entire production.  Peter and I bump in to each other annually at the NJ Show.  

8 hours ago, Ambergris said:

Hi RJ - thanks for the kind words. I've enjoyed seeing you at the shows, too, and looking forward to being at the Edison show on Friday. 

Last year I bought 5 sandeel flies from Bill Murphy (got the sixth for free :)), and one of them accounted for the biggest bass of my life, 46in in 3ft of water...ahhh, memories. 

Yeah ... they are really good videos and it occurs to me that good vids take a lot more time, work and creativity than the average consumer realizes. Thanks for the good work!

12 hours ago, RedGreen said:

I have! I like it a lot, it's easier to see and talk with everyone than at the Edison show since it's so much smaller. I'll be going there too. 

Cool, I will try to remember to PM you when it gets closer, but I should definitely be able to make the Lancaster show.  I'd like to maybe do the Edison one too, my wife has family up that way so maybe I could drag her along.

I will be at the author's booth on all three days at Edison signing copies of "A Cast in the Woods" and "Fish On, Fish Off."  Not sure of exact schedule yet, but anyone who stops by to say hello gets a FREE MYSTERY GIFT!! 

Hope to see you there!  That's me on the right.

Stephen Sautner

giant brown.jpg

21 hours ago, The Fisherman said:

I'm presenting all three days at Marlborough. I don't have my Edison schedule yet. As always, love putting faces to names so please come say hello. :-)

Steve Culton

Will do.  What are your presenting times for Friday at Marlborough?

9 hours ago, PSUFly said:

Cool, I will try to remember to PM you when it gets closer, but I should definitely be able to make the Lancaster show.  I'd like to maybe do the Edison one too, my wife has family up that way so maybe I could drag her along.

Sounds good to me, I'd love to meet another SOL member.

4 hours ago, The Graveyard Shift said:

Will do.  What are your presenting times for Friday at Marlborough?

2:30 seminar in the Catch Room, Wet Flies 2.0. That's a new one. Also new, and one you may be more interested in, is Saturday's AM talk, Targeting Big Stripers From The Shore.

They have the Marlborough schedule up on their website.

Steve Culton

1 hour ago, The Fisherman said:

2:30 seminar in the Catch Room, Wet Flies 2.0. That's a new one. Also new, and one you may be more interested in, is Saturday's AM talk, Targeting Big Stripers From The Shore.

Steve Culton

That is a solid reason for me to make a case to the wife for going that Saturday.  Will try to make Saturday morning happen.

I will me at Marlboro on Friday as long as  the weather cooperates and 495 doesn’t have black ice, that road is tretourous for Black Ice.

The Bearsden show is on February16th this year and I got recruited by Scott to tie this year, the Betsy will be the featured fly for me and maybe a few of my Favorite Snook Flies. I just won’t have much to say while I am tying. If you’re there stop to say Hi, even if we have met before please reintroduce yourself, I am terrible with remembering names.

7 hours ago, bonefishdick said:

I will me at Marlboro on Friday as long as  the weather cooperates and 495 doesn’t have black ice, that road is tretourous for Black Ice.

The Bearsden show is on February16th this year and I got recruited by Scott to tie this year, the Betsy will be the featured fly for me and maybe a few of my Favorite Snook Flies. I just won’t have much to say while I am tying. If you’re there stop to say Hi, even if we have met before please reintroduce yourself, I am terrible with remembering names.

Planning on Friday as well for Marlboro.  Will see about Bearsden its closer to home just need to make sure wife has not already planned something.  

59 mins ago, The Graveyard Shift said:

Planning on Friday as well for Marlboro.  Will see about Bearsden its closer to home just need to make sure wife has not already planned something.  

Exit 9 off 495 Myles Standish Industrial Park

11 hours ago, bonefishdick said:

Bearsden show-bonefish dick tying!

BFD said, "The Bearsden show is on February16th this year and I got recruited by Scott to tie this year, the Betsy will be the featured fly for me and maybe a few of my Favorite Snook Flies".

BFD: If there is anyone in the N/E flyfishing/fly tying world who doesn't know about the success of your Betsy, your expertise tying at the Bears' Den this February will motivate the observers, for sure, to tie up your Betsy and give it a whirl!!!!

Your favorite snook fly, the Chenobyl Schminnow, with the black bead eyes, has proven to be a winner with your great snook catch this past winter. 

I hope every fly tyer who attends the show realizes what a special fly tying experience it would be to attend a fly tying session with you. 

Edited by flysully
spelling

On 12/2/2018 at 8:56 PM, RJ said:

Most of us who go to the Flyfishing shows get a email reminder in December.

In New England the Marlborough, MA Fly Fishing Show will begin on  Friday 1/18/2019 and end on 1/20/2019

The NJ Fly Fishing show will be in Edison, NJ at the NJ Convention  Center. on Friday 1/25/2018 and end on 1/27/20

There are 7 -  2018 Fly Fishing Shows.  Goggle the nearest to your for dates and Hotel or Motel Reservations that are recommend by FFF 2019.  

get connected so in late december ou can get the Schedulers for all events and Seminars and lists of Fly tiers, and vendor companies that will be on display.

A one day pass in NJ will cost $18.00   a 3 day pass will cost $38.00.

Marlboro is slighter cheaper.  Marlborough is half the size of Edison.  

I recommend you go to the Friday show. It is less crowded, and all the vendors and looking forward to meeting you.  Saturdays are full and Sunday  is  slightly less crowded than Saturday.

I'm planning to be at Edison for all 3 days

RJ  the Friday NJ show is on the calendar =  a little after 10 am if weather is fair if not Saturday       Happy Healthy New Year 

On 12/8/2018 at 5:30 PM, flysully said:

BFD said, "The Bearsden show is on February16th this year and I got recruited by Scott to tie this year, the Betsy will be the featured fly for me and maybe a few of my Favorite Snook Flies".

BFD: If there is anyone in the N/E flyfishing/fly tying world who doesn't know about the success of your Betsy, your expertise tying at the Bears' Den this February will motivate the observers, for sure, to tie up your Betsy and give it a whirl!!!!

Your favorite snook fly, the Chenobyl Schminnow, with the black bead eyes, has proven to be a winner with your great snook catch this past winter. 

I hope every fly tyer who attends the show realizes what a special fly tying experience it would be to attend a fly tying session with you. 

Only been on here two years so did not know about the Betsy.  Will try to make the show to see the fly tying demo.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:32 PM, The Fisherman said:

Steve Culton

It's must see ... when you attend one of Steve's Show. He tops the charts each year at Marlborough, an "A Lister".