Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltfisherman

Todays slow day report

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Didn’t spend much time out, it was pretty evident that the bite wasn’t there. Real slow to say the least, couple snapper, sheepshead and few jacks. Bite just didn’t do much. Tried multiple locations within the area I was, from mangrove to structure. The high was flooded well into the mangroves and that could be one reason, the fish just pushed further in to feed. With the wind, the tide wasn’t moving much of anything towards low. Kept the water inside and higher. 

6 hours ago, saltfisherman said:

Didn’t spend much time out, it was pretty evident that the bite wasn’t there. Real slow to say the least, couple snapper, sheepshead and few jacks. Bite just didn’t do much. Tried multiple locations within the area I was, from mangrove to structure. The high was flooded well into the mangroves and that could be one reason, the fish just pushed further in to feed. With the wind, the tide wasn’t moving much of anything towards low. Kept the water inside and higher. 

could be many reason but that is a biggie 

Hook, normally when I see the amount of water like that I look for tailing fish just inside off the outside deep edge. No such thing today. 

We havent had a tide like that in a bit of time, so I’m sure feeding was being done well. Plenty of crabs to go around. 

42 mins ago, saltfisherman said:

Hook, normally when I see the amount of water like that I look for tailing fish just inside off the outside deep edge. No such thing today. 

We haven't had a tide like that in a bit of time, so I’m sure feeding was being done well. Plenty of crabs to go around. 

not knowing your tide , the +  measurement must have been huge 

Hook, we had a strong wind out of the south and a bit west, pushed water in the bay through the passes. The water never had a chance to go down and pull out of the bay. The area I’m fishing has two big passes close. The current normally in these passes is strong enough without the added wind to help it all. 

19 hours ago, saltfisherman said:

Hook, we had a strong wind out of the south and a bit west, pushed water in the bay through the passes. The water never had a chance to go down and pull out of the bay. The area I’m fishing has two big passes close. The current normally in these passes is strong enough without the added wind to help it all. 

conditions like those just makes me shake my head WHY,  i'm on the beach thinking the tide is on the drop and still high tide . Got me more than a few times 

I’m not sure if it’s officially winter fishing yet on the Gulf Side , but my success as been mostly extra negative tides durning those months 90% of my fishing is wading , the rest is solo guide trips which was about 9 = 2018 . I’m only into my new area for a few years years Tampa &12 years up St Joseph Sound . I was told to find the flat you will find the fish . It’s either spin or fly depending on wind .