ksong

Mike Basnite's casting of 12' Black Hole Cape Cod Surf II Heavy

Rate this topic

65 posts in this topic

Please don’t take my post to mean that I doubted the man’s credentials or ability, I do not. I simply didn’t understand all the things that were going on, and needed clarification.

1 hour ago, ksong said:

Why don't you think all line are gone as the knot at the end of the line is not strong enough to hold the power of casting. :)

Sounds like he does not know how to tie a knot...

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have seen a couple of casting videos for these rods now. I have been drum fishing since mid September. Have been on Sandbridge, Avalon, Jennettes, or Avon just about every weekend and I didn't see a Black Hole rod one time. They might be the best rods ever, but you need to get them in the hands of VA and OBX drum fishermen and get some exposure before guys are going to swap out their heavers for these. 

Edited by CJS
Grammar

7 hours ago, ksong said:

Why don't you think all line are gone as the knot at the end of the line is not strong enough to hold the power of casting. :)

Sorry, I realize that English is not your first language, but that is so poorly written as to almost be incomprehensible. I'm really not trying to be offensive, honestly, but what you wrote raises more questions than answers.

I've already mentioned that I am ignorant of distance casting, and it was pointed out that using tape or glue to hold the line is an acceptable technique. So, if the knot failed, is that supposed to be a distance casting trick also, or just simply a crappy knot?

so if I understand this correctly there is a measured amount of line on the reel and if the cast takes all the line that's the distance of the cast? If not please explain , thanks.

46 mins ago, Otony said:

Sorry, I realize that English is not your first language, but that is so poorly written as to almost be incomprehensible. I'm really not trying to be offensive, honestly, but what you wrote raises more questions than answers.

I've already mentioned that I am ignorant of distance casting, and it was pointed out that using tape or glue to hold the line is an acceptable technique. So, if the knot failed, is that supposed to be a distance casting trick also, or just simply a crappy knot?

I sincerely responded, but I am not going to respond anymore as it is just waste of time. 

You figure out.

8 mins ago, pakalolo said:

so if I understand this correctly there is a measured amount of line on the reel and if the cast takes all the line that's the distance of the cast? If not please explain , thanks.

That’s not how it works . There is far more line that comes off a reel then the distance of the lead actually goes. Wind height of cast and many other things affect it.

5 hours ago, CJS said:

I have seen a couple of casting videos for these rods now. I have been drum fishing since mid September. Have been on Sandbridge, Avalon, Jennettes, or Avon just about every weekend and I didn't see a Black Hole rod one time. They might be the best rods ever, but you need to get them in the hands of VA and OBX drum fishermen and get some exposure before guys are going to swap out their heavers for these. 

Most anglers in NC and Virginia Beach don't know such rods exist.

But they were all impressed when I showed them there, 

It is matter of time when they recognize the quality of rods as it has been for other Black Hole USA rods. 

Edited by ksong

58 mins ago, Otony said:

Can you write your response in KSongs first language?

I cannot, so I won’t criticize  anyone when they are writing in their second language. If you decide you don’t want to read what Kil writes here, simply Block him and you won’t see it :)

Edited by ged

Thanks for the quick response Jim, OK , in the video he casts all the line form the spool, helluva cast, but how is it measured? As stated above once all the line is off, the friction is greatly reduced and the weight is going to continue flying.

7 mins ago, ksong said:

I sincerely responded, but I am not going to respond anymore as it is just waste of time. 

You figure out.

You sincerely responded, but I am unable to decipher what you wrote.

Look, my parents were immigrants.  I am first-generation in this country. Most of my family spoke Italian, not English. I am quite accustomed to "figuring" it out.  In this instance, I cannot.

Excuse me if I offended you, it was not my intent. I really want to understand this aspect of our sport

3 mins ago, ged said:

Can you write your response in KSongs first language?

I cannot, so I won’t criticize  anyone when they are writing in their second language. If you decide you don’t want to read what Kil writes here, simply Block him and you won’t see it :)

I'm not criticizing, I'm pointing out that I don't understand him.

And I never said I didn't want to read what he wrote. In general I find his posts quite informative.

I made that clear, but apparently you didn't catch that.

Edited by Otony

24 mins ago, ksong said:

Most anglers in NC and Virginia Beach don't know such rods exist.

But they were all impressed when I showed them there, 

It is matter of time when they recognize the quality of rods as it has been for other Black Hole USA rods. 

You got that right. I have never heard a drum fisherman even consider them. Casting videos are great and no doubt that guy can outcast (probably all of) us in the field, but in reality, guys like me just look at that video and say "That is great. Lets see that with a cob head and 8." Almost has the opposite of the desired effect and certainly doesn't make me need one. 

If you want to sell some, you need to find someone who fishes all year long and get them fishing one all year. Someone who catches a bunch of drum and can tag you on FB and all that BS. Some one with street cred who can provide constructive feedback through real world trial and error. 

Also for what it is worth, everyone is running 13 foot rods for drum. Well most everybody. I bet they say, "That rod is only 12 foot." with a dismissive tone and put it in the factory/introductory rod category. 

Don't get me wrong I am intrigued by some of the lighter rods you offer, but I am too satisfied with the heavers I have to try something new. I bet a lot of guys are in the same boat.