BrianBM

Edge rods

Rate this topic

124 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, thaistick said:

Got a response and a apology from edge rods... they are telling me my rod is not in production yet that i have to wait  that was different answer from last month when they said it was being assembled woah

Damn.  Scratch Edge from my list of potential suppliers.

@brianm....Yeah man I'm really disappointed but curious @ the same time on the rod i ordered,  might have to cancel my order and pick up a black hole striper special which has almost the same rating @ the saltwater expo 

On 3/1/2019 at 9:37 AM, blacklabnh said:

update - I ordered my s

rod on Dec 14th. Today is 3/1. They must have gotten busy before the holidays or forgot my order. 

I emailed support 3 time

in the past two weeks and made 2 phone calls leaving voicemail asking someone call me and let me know what the deal is.  Going to call again today. 

Damn, I better start calling too. 

I infer, from Thaistick's experience, that Edge will advertise and take orders for rods that are not yet in production. That has them dancing on the edge of consumer fraud.  I don't like that at all.

I don't understand the difficulties you've experienced.  Every order, every interaction I've had with Edge has been absolutely first rate, personal and with complete satisfaction on my end.  That's at least 8 rods to include one I broke (completely my fault) which they made right with a modest replacement fee + shipping.  They are the best rods I have ever fished with, bar none.  They have hundreds of NFC blank designs but that doesn't equate to finished rods on hand.  They are a relatively small tackle company with a small work force along with pretty high local demand for their products in the NW.  I'd recommend you continue to call them and be patient.  Well worth the wait.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 mins ago, bmac said:

I don't understand the difficulties you've experienced.  Every order, every interaction I've had with Edge has been absolutely first rate, personal and with complete satisfaction on my end.  That's at least 8 rods to include one I broke (completely my fault) which they made right with a modest replacement fee + shipping.  They are the best rods I have ever fished with, bar none.  They have hundreds of NFC blank designs but that doesn't equate to finished rods on hand.  They are a relatively small tackle company with a small work force along with pretty high local demand for their products in the NW.  I'd recommend you continue to call them and be patient.  Well worth the wait.  

Soon or later, you'll learn. It's not the first time the company pulled something like this, won't be the last time either. I too was in your position when I first deal them, being with Gary loomis at the helm and all. I too defended for them, initially.  They won't totally stiff you, you'll get a rod eventually, but the whole process from ordering to delivery just leave a bad taste.  Want examples, try google search for edge rod kick starter.  I was in the first campaign for 4 rods.  

Edited by hobobob

28 mins ago, bmac said:

The blank I ordered took beyond 60 days and only one email was replied to.    A google search reveals that seems not out of the ordinary.  

For a premium brand it would be wise to invest in after sale customer service/ communication.  

1 hour ago, bmac said:

Oh patience is way over do ...I waited a full 2months 8weeks ..3 weeks more than what was stated on their website, 2 voice mail no response followed by a 2nd email which now they tell me the rod i ordered has just begun assembly and will let me know when its being delivered hows that for patience?  I think They're under staff and over booked with orders.

Your mileage may vary.  My experience has been completely opposite from what you are all reporting.  SOL crowd are some tough and discriminating customers, and I didn't / don't intend to call any of you out on your interactions.  Just noting that mine have been exactly opposite.  But I also was able to establish a telephone relationship with one of their execs a few years back, then his replacement, which I believe still exists today.  He takes my calls and returns them, always with great advice on what I'm looking for.  I'm not their company spokesman.  If you're dissatisfied with their customer service, let them know or buy something else.  Lots of great fishing rods out there, many for a lot less money.  But if you want something exquisite, I'd give them a shot, even if it takes longer than you'd like.    

I don't like reading about all of these delivery problems... I was at Fred Hall Tackle Show in Long Beach CA last night... I was really impressed with one of their  1st Strike rods... I guess that, if I really wanted it, I should have bought it there.... But I wanted to think about it, and figured I could always order it later... Doesn't sound like a good idea now... But man, that was a nice rod!...

Butch

22 hours ago, Cpalms said:

plenty of great rods out there, why even bother with amateur hour?

Well... I wouldn't exactly call Gary Loomis an amateur....

Butch

2 hours ago, Midnightpass said:

Well... I wouldn't exactly call Gary Loomis an amateur....

Butch

Gary himself could bless each and every rod with his guaranteed fish catching sorcery but if his minions cannot actually deliver said magic wand, it really does't matter does it?  Amateur hour.

Posted (edited) · Report post

There is a delivery issue concerning EDGE rods , their business model has created this overwhelming demand for the rods . This situation will get better once new capacity levels can be reached , this will happen possibly  later this season .

However until then deliveries will suffer on some models not all !

Edited by TimS
promotional stuff removed