Sudsy

December 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

446 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fishless said:

A stunning accomplishment that should not have been.    

An accomplishment of futility indeed. I will never forget that after I started casting next to you and your buddy, the bite just died, then I saw @adams54 's head pop up from the other side of the jetty, saying "What the hell happened". ME, that is what happened, ME :) 

Oh and I would like to thank @Sheisty for almost killing me with his high sticking tactics, I still laugh when I remember his reaction after that BIG one with the head shakes. Best skunk day for me. Sorry for laughing.

Merry Christmas to all, leaving for sunny Florida today, where I "always" catch fish.......it remains to be seen.

Edited by adoboboy

5 mins ago, adoboboy said:

An accomplishment of futility indeed. I will never forget that after I started casting next to you and your buddy, the bite just died, then I saw @adams54 's head pop up from the other side of the jetty, saying "What the hell happened". ME, that is what happened, ME :) Merry Christmas to all, leaving for sunny Florida today, where I "always" catch fish.......it remains to be seen.

I will say thou the laugh we shared at poor Shiestys expense is definitely in my top 5 moments of 2018 so there's that at least. 

Tsunami......might take forever to respond to a voicemail, but they came thru with the replacement. Called me 1 morning, replacement section at my door the next day free of charge.

34 mins ago, Sheisty said:

Tsunami......might take forever to respond to a voicemail, but they came thru with the replacement. Called me 1 morning, replacement section at my door the next day free of charge.

You're welcome.  ;)

On 12/17/2018 at 0:47 PM, crazybellringer said:

how about dudes like me with tons of useless plugs. 

I'm in the same boat. Luckily I started to unload stuff 2 years ago. But the amount of plugs that I don't even bother considering anymore is pretty staggering. I went from 3 VSs and a ZB to two VSs. Sold the VS200 and a ZB22. Went from 3 three Flatlanders and a MAK to one Flatlander and a MAK. Had an EbbPoint BeachWalker I sold also. 

Made it back out this morning in that cold NW wind after the NE blow.  Surf was flat and the water was on the murky side.  A lot of lines in the water, but most bailed not long after sunrise.  Didn't see many bent rods.  I managed to find 2 small ones and had another hit or two before the chill pushed me off the sand too.  That wind was a killer.  Didn't see any sand eels, but there are still a few fish looking around.  Back at it in the morning.

1 hour ago, MC55 said:

Made it back out this morning in that cold NW wind after the NE blow.  Surf was flat and the water was on the murky side.  A lot of lines in the water, but most bailed not long after sunrise.  Didn't see many bent rods.  I managed to find 2 small ones and had another hit or two before the chill pushed me off the sand too.  That wind was a killer.  Didn't see any sand eels, but there are still a few fish looking around.  Back at it in the morning.

Man, that's dedication.

Thanks for the report.

Looking to get out next week even if its just to watch the sunrise. Thinking there may be a few pipsqueaks still around.

Moco 3-5. Was itching to get out for days and today had the luxury of fishing around the tide. Water was stained and flat. No sign of bait as reported by MC55. Not much observable life. Saw one other guy neither of us had any luck. Good to hear MC came away with something although not too surprised at all. Probably one more striper outing left for me in 2018.

So, I actually haven't checked this thread in over a week because I called it a season a few days ago. 

Well, I decided to have one more (ok, 2 more hoo-rahs) tomorrow and Friday. Hell, maybe tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. And then I'll call it quits (unless an irresistible report comes through)

Will be fishing CMc likely all days, should it change, I will make note. Weather seems mild enough next few days so who cares. My hands are so trashed this time of year anyway (thanks sheet metal fab... 'knowwhatimsayin?) Regardless, I either go out with the tiniest of bangs or look forward to spring as originally planned a few days ago.

Cheers  

Dead out there this morning.  Flat clean clear water with a few birds looking, but not really finding much.  A number of guys tossing, just no bent rods.  I tried moving a few miles south, but same result, not a touch.  Guess we are getting closer to the end.  Will give it another try in the morning.