Sudsy

December 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

446 posts in this topic

You know when the universe is totally against you? well I was using the same lures as every one yet I was the only one who couldn't catch fish, I also varied my retrieve speed, even changed colors, changed my teaser from a BT to red gill, but nothing, not even a bump. It's like someone is laughing up there....I think I need to make peace with the lady in the bunkers and pray for her... This skunkathon from mid Nov 2017 is a little too much now and forgive me for the rant, but its been more than a friggin year. I'm tired, exhausted and fishing early mornings but nothing to show for it. I don't need your pity, but please appreciate that you are catching and stop complaining they are dinks, at least you are on fish. 

That is some skunk man. I’m sorry to hear that. I hope it turns around for you.  We’re all after keeper sized fish but I’ll be honest I feel like all I catch are little to nice sized fish, same as the others are reporting. I’m beginning to think there just aren’t bigger bass near shore in numbers at least. And absolutely zero blue fish since I caught one on a chunk in August.  

Tomorrow I'm going to try and stick with larger baits and see if I can’t squeak out a keeper.

18 mins ago, adoboboy said:

You know when the universe is totally against you? well I was using the same lures as every one yet I was the only one who couldn't catch fish, I also varied my retrieve speed, even changed colors, changed my teaser from a BT to red gill, but nothing, not even a bump. It's like someone is laughing up there....I think I need to make peace with the lady in the bunkers and pray for her... This skunkathon from mid Nov 2017 is a little too much now and forgive me for the rant, but its been more than a friggin year. I'm tired, exhausted and fishing early mornings but nothing to show for it. I don't need your pity, but please appreciate that you are catching and stop complaining they are dinks, at least you are on fish. 

Sell your gear and buy a surf board and a wetsuit.  You can have all the benefits of being a surfcaster (sunrise and sunsets and some salt air pumping through your veins) and not have to report a skunk a few days a week. Btw, you shouldn't be using an actual bucktail- i think that's how your post reads- as a teaser but a red gill should have at least gotten a bump:howdy:

Posted (edited) · Report post

47 mins ago, adoboboy said:

I bet you dollars to doughnuts that you were paying more attention to what the people around you were doing more than what you were doing, looking to your left and right at the people around you, and not paying attention to the proper retrieval of your lure. Focus on what you are doing!

Edited by IsmailG

44 mins ago, kurazy kracka said:

I have noticed alottttttt of guys are calling 18-20" fish 24-26" fish. Has it gotten so bad yall gotta lie about shorts? 

You're a big boy and do enough fishing. Do you really believe or care what other people report? Everybody knows where the biomass is now....and really is there a difference between 18" and 26"..probably neither is what you're really looking for.

8 hours ago, adoboboy said:

This skunkathon from mid Nov 2017 is a little too much now and forgive me for the rant, but its been more than a friggin year. 

Have you really not caught a single bass in a year? Not even a dink?

7 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

I have noticed alottttttt of guys are calling 18-20" fish 24-26" fish. Has it gotten so bad yall gotta lie about shorts? 

I'm gonna start saying I caught 2 shorts instead of 1 so I can compete with the likes of @MC55

Tried out front yesterday 415-530pm. Good looking conditions again but nothing around again. Threw SP and AOK P-Nut for some distance. Might run out in a few minutes.