Sudsy

December 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

566 posts in this topic

Fished along side MC55 for a bit this morning and have a similar report. Picked 5 early but once some sun came all the way up it died off. Saw a lot of rain fish at first light, but they moved off quickly. May give it a shot at sunset. Have to get in as many trips now as the long winter is almost here. 

11 mins ago, fishless said:

There's still big ones lurking.  Shiesty snapped his rod on one of em right at the lip.  And I mean BIG......   BTW check out the BST for a gently used 4 piece travel rod.  

20181208_082429.jpg

Shiesty I think I might have chatted with you briefly :wave: you seemed like a cool guy...might have chatted with fishless idk. Tell us the story about that rod...also I think Im in the market for a travel rod.

Fished with a couple SOL ers this morning in MoCo who were kind enough to have me tag along. They of course were catching and the bite died the moment I started casting between them. I spent more time with wind knots and snagging, then actual fishing. Look out for a ci4 ultegra in the BST :rav:

Saw a guy hook up and broke his rod just as the thing under water was at the lip. Must have been a BIG one. 

Skunkathon continues for me, but learned a lot today and almost died laughing. So it was a good day. 

Edited by adoboboy

26 mins ago, adams54 said:

Shiesty I think I might have chatted with you briefly :wave: you seemed like a cool guy...might have chatted with fishless idk. Tell us the story about that rod...also I think Im in the market for a travel rod.

Yea I believe we did. Fishless was there, adoboboy, and a 4th party who isn't on SOL. I just took the plastic off the cork (the rod was brand new). Tsunami TSTS S933M, rod felt fine for what we were doing 9'3 1/2oz - 2oz. I didn't think the rod needed that much coddling. Made for a funny morning for sure. This was about 30 minutes after we chatted. 

As reported there was about a 15 minute window of good fishing (that I missed), the fish that snapped the rod was the last fish from the morning crew, and probably the only fish between 8 and 9am.

OC this morning, 5am til 11am...6 on, 6 off. Starvin. One was at the end of my cast and when I raised the rod to set the hook a flock of ducks flew by a one hot tangle in the line...lost him too.

1 hour ago, adams54 said:

If u were walking south chatting  about how the bite shut down at sunup with a handsome fella in a Eagles ski cap that was me.  :wave:

Edited by fishless

Had the pleasure to meet and fish a little with an SOL legend @MC55.  I stayed where we started and picked 3 shorts thanks to MC for gifting me one of his hand made lures.  Can’t thank you enough MC.  All 3 caught on your eel.  Saw someone further north of me getting hit every other cast so I decided to walk over.  All he was doing was catching one shad after another.  Might be the season for me, need to get my waders back to Simms for a little repair or a possible new pair for the spring run.

Skunk again this AM. Gentleman next to me caught one nice fish. Then ice cold. Getting discouraged. I hope next year is better and the blues come back too. It’s true that you don’t miss it till it’s gone

Hit the beach from 6:30-9:00 am. Man was it cold, but, thank God, little to no wind! Similar to others, I had fish right in the wash, at 6:45,  breaking water, and saw small bait rippling by. Cast just ahead of the bait with a Tsunami sand eel and hooked into a monster 17" bass!  After a furious fight, I landed him and sent him on his way. Hooked another one and lost him. One more bump and that was it for the morning! 

Ran into MC55, who replaced my mutilated swimmer. Much appreciated, Mike.

Hope to get back down late afternoon. Considering the temp has soared to just above freezing, I'll probably fish in shorts!   :shock:

12 mins ago, fishless said:

If u were walking south chatting  about how the bite shut down at sunup with a handsome fella in a Eagles ski cap that was me.  :wave:

Yeah man that was me..it was a pleasure meeting you and a few of the other SOL guys out there. For some reason based on your username and avatar I was expecting a less handsome jets fan catching fewer fish.:shrug:

5 mins ago, adams54 said:

Yeah man that was me..it was a pleasure meeting you and a few of the other SOL guys out there. For some reason based on your username and avatar I was expecting a less handsome jets fan catching fewer fish.:shrug:

It's all part of the master plan.  :laugh:

Good meeting ya.  We had a nice bite setting up there for a bit.  Thought we were gonna have one of those days.  Ended with 9 fish total in that brief window.  Saw u were doing well also.  Not big numbers but made for a fun morning.  

Edited by fishless

1 hour ago, fishless said:

If u were walking south chatting  about how the bite shut down at sunup with a big handsome fella in a Eagles ski cap that suck balls, that was me.  :wave:

Figures 

3 hours ago, fishless said:

It's all part of the master plan.  :laugh:

Good meeting ya.  We had a nice bite setting up there for a bit.  Thought we were gonna have one of those days.  Ended with 9 fish total in that brief window.  Saw u were doing well also.  Not big numbers but made for a fun morning.  

And then Sheisty and Adoboboy showed up, the fish just left..... Racist effinfish!!!!!

Edited by adoboboy