Sudsy

December 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

385 posts in this topic

Buckscorider, here Ya go.

So last night as I spooned up next to my wife and she turned to me and asked, "Do you know the difference between dark and hard?"

Me: ??

Wife: "It stays dark all night!"

11 hours ago, Old grand dad said:

17, I think....pretty sure we now own the Giants...and no...right in the middle of the jerz...btw, all six of my fish on small teaser...

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Gonna take a few more super bowls to catch up there bud

18 hours ago, Old grand dad said:

Got em good today.....good 3 hour bite...cold and once the tide blew out it was over...hoping we get a few more weeks...keep on rockin everyone

Hey drew  

Man it was cold out there.  Did you try any of that sausage I gave you guys?  

I sat in a tree stand yesterday.  I shouldn't have moved it, a real big buck walked by that tree 15 minutes before the end of shooting light.  He was probably 10-15 yards outside my comfort zone.  I'll join you guys again, you sure do need some old grandad on days like that.  

2 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Hey drew  

Man it was cold out there.  Did you try any of that sausage I gave you guys?  

I sat in a tree stand yesterday.  I shouldn't have moved it, a real big buck walked by that tree 15 minutes before the end of shooting light.  He was probably 10-15 yards outside my comfort zone.  I'll join you guys again, you sure do need some old grandad on days like that.  

Sausage was great...tks... freezing yes, but bearable when catching...handwarmers help big time...hoping to grab T and Mr Fuji for one more trip, will let you know

14 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

Over? It never started in the surf. (15-20" fish dont count)

I tried to tell you that last week yet you drove 4 hrs up for the white hot action anyway cuz you love it. 

6-8 moco.  Flat water...calm conditions and cold. Fished the surf pretty hard on what little window I had. Saw what might have been hickory shad flopping every now and then. Saw one guy catch a little guy. Nothing for me. Hard to imagine things picking up again but I'm sure crazier things have happened.

6-9 Moco. Had the day off so hit the surf. Flat conditions at daybreak and fairly clean water. The wind and waves picked up as the morning went on.  Nothing, not even a tap on diamond jig/teaser, sp minnow, bucktail. Nada. Just cold hands

I think it might be that time.

Weird year.  Last year the dink’s stayed around in force til it got super cold at the end of December.  Me and my buddy crushed them the Friday during the snowstorm last year.  Our last outing I’ll bet the water was about 38-40 degrees tops.  The bass were curling up like a potato chip when you beached them.  

18 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Herring ! 

Where the hell are the herring ??

Which Herring you referring to the Hickory Shad or the Sea Herring? Seen plenty of the hickory shad...nothing yet of the sea herring

24 mins ago, Sudsy said:

Herring ! 

Where the hell are the herring ??

That's the only flicker of hope I have left is that they bring in decent fish. Should be any day they show up.