December 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

Sudsy

25 days until Christmas. Where did this year go ??

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in the appropriate threads. If you have a question about something that would make a good thread on it's own, please start one.

For all of you new to the site, this is how you should make your report. It's up to you how much information you give, but please keep it within the rules and no spot-burning or specific locations.

Out front (oceanfront) or In the back (rivers, bays, and inlets),

Conditions

What you were fishing for,

What you were using,

What you caught. 

You can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The location terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other waters north of Raritan Bay.
County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Had 5 fish this morning 4 were in the dark on black needlefish.  1 on the jig + teaser combo later in the morning.  Biggest was barely 20".  A lot slower today but I heard the bite picked up again at dark with guys getting fish on plugs with a couple of keepers plus many more rats.  

@BrianZ you made me a believer in the dark again man we went out extra early, right tide, and caught fish in the pitch black lol

Edited by Allen

1 hour ago, Jim Peters said:

Saw 200 guys surf fishing today on Jersey shore, only saw a few shorts caught. Got one on sand eel teaser. Great day to fish, good temp, water clean & calm, little wind, bait in water, just need some more fish.  

Man, I’m not sure where you guys were but I am glad I was nowhere near you.  I had the place to myself. Could have been butt naked and nobody would’ve cared in schoolie city

Smoke 'em if you got 'em, we're going down

• Sudsy locked this topic