bob_G

Hypothetical cannabis question

Rate this topic

1,126 posts in this topic

On 12/1/2018 at 0:27 PM, bob_G said:

I'm watching the news the other night and they featured the long lines at the cannabis dispensary in Leicester. I noticed there were a lot of guys standing in line, my age. Wearing camo hats, pants and coats. Clearly hunters. Local police cruisers parked nearby. If the local police were to keep track of locals visiting the dispensary, could that come back to haunt them when they go to renew their LTC or FID?

Having frequently visited this particular dispensary, I will say that (1) while initial security was local PD, it now seems to be all private; (2) yes, the customers are all just normal people. 

2 hours ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

Bob,just as Shark said,it varies by how much time and effort you put into it.Here in VT i know quite a few people who grow and have been doing so for many years,and even with expierienced growers there are some whos quality is far above the rest.

Outdoor New England MJ is a very tricky Art/Science/Crapshoot. 

Of course, right off the bat, Location Location Location. 

Without a sheltered, warm, all day sunny spot, fergetaboutit. You can grow the plant, not worthwhile MJ.

Then the crapshoot part. With a very short growing season and vulnerability to frost, a crappy Spring or a couple early frosts can wipe you out.

The best Ma homegrown my research team tells me about comes from an old timer been growing outdoors since the 70s. Has the science down. Has a strain that shoots up quick and buds early.

Nothing beats Real Sunshine, even weak Ma sunshine. 

Indoors, lights are everything.

You can grow a cool looking plant with flowers under a fluorescent shoplight. It will be virtually useless.

The halides used in commercial grows give strong MJ but the power consumption and heat generation, plus cost, make them tough for average guy.

Now LEDs are the rage and tech is evolving fast. Power consumption, heat and cost way better than halides.

Imo, the average home LED set up is not as good as industry scuttlebutt (sales BS) leads the public to believe. Lighting intensity and spectrum are not optimal. Grows a hellava nice looking flower, way better than the old shoplight, but still not Sunshine strong.

Thing is, it's a Trendy consumable product now.

It's much better to Look Good than to Be Good.

A flower that looks like a magazine cover doesn't have to be actually 26% to satisfy most.

44 mins ago, mikez2 said:

The best Ma homegrown my research team tells me about comes from an old timer been growing outdoors since the 70s. Has the science down. Has a strain that shoots up quick and buds early.

Nothing beats Real Sunshine, even weak Ma sunshine. 

Probably has ruderalis genes.  Pure landrace type MJ  is extremely fast to bud and will flower with out a photoperiod change ( short day/long night obligate).  Indicas with a bit of ruderalis are excellent choice for discreet  outside northern grows

I'm surprised anyone can even make it to the Canal with all the accidents and deaths that legalizing marijuana has caused! Plus I'm sure everyone is addicted to heroin by now with it being a gateway drug and all.   :laugh: :laugh: 

Since cannabis has been legalized, I've been reading a lot about it. For me,  any exposure to weed ended after I graduated college. Since then it's been completely off my radar screen. Back then we all assumed weed was weed. It was all the same.

Now after reading these months I learned about indica, sativa and ruderalis. Breeders are producing cross strains. Auto flowering, feminized.  Then there's all the seed companies, all claiming the best genetics.  I guess over the last 40 years while I was busy being a responsible adult, this entire industry emerged. :laugh:

5 mins ago, bob_G said:

Since cannabis has been legalized, I've been reading a lot about it. For me,  any exposure to weed ended after I graduated college. Since then it's been completely off my radar screen. Back then we all assumed weed was weed. It was all the same.

Now after reading these months I learned about indica, sativa and ruderalis. Breeders are producing cross strains. Auto flowering, feminized.  Then there's all the seed companies, all claiming the best genetics.  I guess over the last 40 years while I was busy being a responsible adult, this entire industry emerged. :laugh:

Yep ... and you think you used to get stoned back then! This new stuff is like 20-30 times as potent from what I see.

3 hours ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

Yep ... and you think you used to get stoned back then! This new stuff is like 20-30 times as potent from what I see.

back then we used to use cigarettes with the tobacco removed to make joints, today they are about the size of a number 12 wire.

Maybe somebody needs to hand out weed at the canal that way everybody would be calm down and be friends with each other instead of fighting each other

3 hours ago, MakoMike said:

back then we used to use cigarettes with the tobacco removed to make joints, today they are about the size of a number 12 wire.

Really. Is this because the cannabis is so powerful?

3 hours ago, MakoMike said:

I hated joints back in the day, and today they're just silly. Get a nice vape pen and dial the voltage you like!

7 mins ago, gellfex said:

I hated joints back in the day, and today they're just silly. Get a nice vape pen and dial the voltage you like!

Man, this is so far over my head. :laugh: Back in the day a cool dude was a guy who could take 2 e-z-widers and roll a perfect joint in 30 seconds in the dark in a moving hippie van.

Then the middle eastern students showed up with special pipes. It was like "wow, who are these dudes."

3 mins ago, bob_G said:

Man, this is so far over my head. :laugh: Back in the day a cool dude was a guy who could take 2 e-z-widers and roll a perfect joint in 30 seconds in the dark in a moving hippie van.

Then the middle eastern students showed up with special pipes. It was like "wow, who are these dudes."

I'm what the kids today call a "maker". I was making bowls on the lathe for my older siblings before I ever smoked! The only advantage of a joint was it was easily ditched. I had some pretty cool designs if I say so myself. I still have some chunks of desert ironwood from CA around somewhere...