bob_G

Hypothetical cannabis question

Rate this topic

842 posts in this topic

like everything in life,it is knowing what your limits are and the ability to make responsable decisions.Mike funny thing is that my highschool experiences are just the opposite of yours,i went to a Catholic militarty school right on the edge of the Village in Manhatten,i played football for a couple of years and hung around with most of the basketball team as well,most of them were real stoners.that was from 69 to 73,and even then finding weed was much easier than buying beer r booze

39 mins ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

,i went to a Catholic militarty school right on the edge of the Village in Manhatten,

Another Xavier alumni? Back in those days we  could find anything we wanted south of 14th street!

Posted (edited) · Report post

18 hours ago, mikez2 said:

Ahh I see. Thanks for the clarification. 

You have piqued my interest in some experiments.

Truthfully I have misgivings about concentrates. 

I need to learn more for an opinion.

That is one topic without a lot of historical data to study.

Screenshot_20190111-133702_Drive.jpg.212cea77e2df0f5970fcc618bdf0e2d6.jpg

Kief and wax are most similar to traditional hash, with kief just unpressed resin glands. Typically ~50% TAC. 

Shatter is essentially butaine oil from the old days, but then a very hard vacuum is pulled over the glassy shatter to release any minor amts of trapped butaine; this 2nd process is critical if you like dabbing shatter and not dabbing nasty butaine bubbles. Potency 70-90%

The distillate is a pure THC honey oil formed, I believe, from laboratory fractional distillation of cannabis oil. Potency.. 98, 99%THC. 

Here's a video with a little more depth, if you have the time 

Edited by rst3

5 hours ago, rst3 said:

Kief and wax are most similar to traditional hash, with kief just unpressed resin glands. Typically ~50% TAC. 

Shatter is essentially butaine oil from the old days, but then a very hard vacuum is pulled over the glassy shatter to release any minor amts of trapped butaine; this 2nd process is critical if you like dabbing shatter and not dabbing nasty butaine bubbles. Potency 70-90%

The distillate is a pure THC honey oil formed, I believe, from laboratory fractional distillation of cannabis oil. Potency.. 98, 99%THC. 

Somehow I get the feeling your more of a businessman....than a stoner.

By the sounds of the lines we've all been hearing about,  sounds like liberating them of some cash is the way to play this. :)

20 hours ago, rst3 said:

Thanks. Fascinating. 

I'm interested in the different constituents of the plant and how they interact.

I'm convinced they haven't isolated all the benefits and some are lost in concentrating thc.

I'd like to explore further but have concerns. 

I have fear concentrate manipulates brain chemistry in a more harsh and disruptive fashion than smoking raw plant matter.

Fiendish behavior is the downfall of the undisciplined MJ user.

That's the stereotype of weedhead loser in mom's basement. 

Concentrate seems to have potential to turn the kitten to a tiger. 

In short, Straight Up addiction and all that entails.

But I agree this thread gone far enough. Hopefully have something cool to post later.

Posted (edited) · Report post

The SJC ruled yesterday that a person can be arrested for OUI drugs in the state of Massachusetts, solely based on an officer's observations. If you seem impaired and smell like weed, you're subject to arrest.

SJC rarely allows officers this much subjectivity. I think it is a step in the right direction until tried and true tests have been developed.

Edited by JTR

1 min ago, JTR said:

The SJC ruled yesterday that a person can be arrested for OUI drugs in the state of Massachusetts, solely based on an officer's observations. If you seem impaired and smell like weed, you're subject to arrest.

Any guide lines?????  To me the words "seemed impaired" is a whole lot of problems in the making...…………..

Soooooooo..... here's a question germane to the OP:

Is there anyone reading this thread who:

1. Is a holder of an LTC due to be renewed this year

2. has visited  or will be visiting a dispensary

3 hours ago, b-ware said:

Any guide lines?????  To me the words "seemed impaired" is a whole lot of problems in the making...…………..

I would use this as a general guideline to avoid any problems:

Don’t smoke weed and drive. At least until there are tests and/or a breathalyzer type instrument available, you could be putting yourself in harm’s way.

For you DIY guys, there are plans in this months "Mother Earth News" to make a lighted grow table for your 6 plants...…..Pretty interesting feature such as adjustable lights and adjustable working heights or a table top version...………….

3 mins ago, b-ware said:

For you DIY guys, there are plans in this months "Mother Earth News" to make a lighted grow table for your 6 plants...…..Pretty interesting feature such as adjustable lights and adjustable working heights or a table top version...………….

Bernie,

This thread has really fascinated me.  Aside from occasionally smelling it on the canal, I haven't thought about cannabis in over 40 years. 

I've really had my eyes opened in the last couple months. Had no idea this once underground industry reached this level of sophistication.  

I saw the grow tables and lights you described. You can now buy seeds through the mail. Indoor grow closets with lights and irrigation. Hydroponic cannabis. They even sell home hashish presses. Make your own hash legally from the comfort of your home, and also get some cannabis oil in the process.  Who knew.

4 hours ago, JTR said:

"...If you seem impaired ....you're subject to arrest."

Haha, good luck with that. Defense lawyers all over the state just went -

Cha Ching!!!!

Zero convictions.

98% experienced smokers will fool cops and walk while they arrest a bunch of stupid or tired people who "seem impaired".

Another way to clog the courts with guaranteed dismissed cases.