bob_G

Hypothetical cannabis question

Rate this topic

1,126 posts in this topic

12 mins ago, mikez2 said:

This is a topic I have no direct experience with. 

My understanding of the plant and it's many constituents are more complicated than thcA.

 

I will have to do some bioassays to research the effects. 

 

 

 

 

Mike, I'm pretty sure the TAC in this case is total active cannabinoids. Not THCA(of which is one component of TAC)

Basically 98%TAC distillate is for all intents and purposes 98%THC. Kindof a spicy meatball if you like getting off the ground quick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, rst3 said:

Mike, I'm pretty sure the TAC in this case is total active cannabinoids. Not THCA(of which is one component of TAC)

Basically 98%TAC distillate is for all intents and purposes 98%THC. Kindof a spicy meatball if you like getting off the ground quick...

Ahh I see. Thanks for the clarification. 

You have piqued my interest in some experiments.

Truthfully I have misgivings about concentrates. 

I need to learn more for an opinion.

That is one topic without a lot of historical data to study.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, rst3 said:

Mike, I'm pretty sure the TAC in this case is total active cannabinoids. Not THCA(of which is one component of TAC)

Basically 98%TAC distillate is for all intents and purposes 98%THC. Kindof a spicy meatball if you like getting off the ground quick...

I can't believe that its that much THC, that would blow your socks off! Quality has improved greatly since the Vietnam war era. I recall seeing the stuff growing on the side of the roads, leading out the firing ranges, It was there because of all the guys cleaning out their stash on the way back and forth. No one would touch that stuff. In country there was a lot of good stuff available cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

well if anyone thinks that weed really affects your motor skills,i invite you to come ski with me,i will prove you wrong real quickly.i think the big differance is that high quality weed is now more available to the average smoker,and the number of strains is off the charts

I shot a 79 (best round ever) on the golf course while starting off with a brutal hangover and ending it 12 drinks deep.

 

Your argument holds 0 credibility in my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, JTR said:

I shot a 79 (best round ever) on the golf course while starting off with a brutal hangover and ending it 12 drinks deep.

 

Your argument holds 0 credibility in my mind

:cool:

Golf is what people do when they drink too much for real outdoor activities. 

Ski on 12 drinks.

:howdy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, mikez2 said:

:cool:

Golf is what people do when they drink too much for real outdoor activities. 

Ski on 12 drinks.

:howdy:

I thought we were talking fine motor skills? Pretty sure anyone could roll their behind down a snow covered hill. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, JTR said:

I thought we were talking fine motor skills? Pretty sure anyone could roll their behind down a snow covered hill. :laugh:

In fairness i can neither ski nor golf, stoned, sober or drunk.

I know from observations about the quantity of booze consumed at golf courses. I have no idea how they hit the ball but they stumble around and fall down like any other drunks in the clubhouse.

12 drinks really? In public? That's a serious problem! You could walk? Phew, makes me queezy to contemplate. 

Motor skills, yah, no comparison. 

 

I used to tie flies till my eyes went.

Size 18 dries no problem for me on any level of smoked MJ. The prefered method actually. 

I couldn't get past two 7% IPAs and tie a worthwhile fly.

I still in my old age am skilled at hopping around on wet boulders in the dark while doublehauling a nine weight. MJ never ever inhibited my reflexes or abilities of that nature. 

Nothing could induce me to consume any amount of alcohol before going on a jetty or ledge at night.

Sure, you can convince me to take a few pops, but that means I'm done fishing. 

 

My perspective is from experience with both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 mins ago, mikez2 said:

In fairness i can neither ski nor golf, stoned, sober or drunk.

I know from observations about the quantity of booze consumed at golf courses. I have no idea how they hit the ball but they stumble around and fall down like any other drunks in the clubhouse.

12 drinks really? In public? That's a serious problem! You could walk? 

I’m a big dude - 230 at that point. I understand most pot heads can’t relate to anyone over 120 pounds. 

 

Also, since you don’t ski, I wouldn’t expect you to understand what goes on inside the lodge. If you think golfers are bad, you should check out a ski lodge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, JTR said:

I’m a big dude - 230 at that point. I understand most pot heads can’t relate to anyone over 120 pounds. 

 

 

Huh? WTF is that, pot heads are skinny little whimps?

Come on man, you gotta do better than that.

 

I'm a big dude too.

I also hit 230 at my peak. 

So wtf is the 120 thing? 

 

What I know about MJ and ski/snowboard stuff is those crazy Mo Fos that do all those mad flying flipping spinning high speed high drama stuff are all pot heads.

 

Trying to defend booze as compared to weed for motor skills is not a real argument, it's arguing for the fun of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so JTR,it certainly sounds like you have no personel expierence with the use of MJ.to compare the effects of booze and MJ is almost funny. i base what i say with 51 one years of expierence,both skiing and smoking.i for one would never touch booze before putting on a pair of skis or heading out on a mountain bike.you can think what you want but the legalization of weed is here to stay.get use to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 mins ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

so JTR,it certainly sounds like you have no personel expierence with the use of MJ.to compare the effects of booze and MJ is almost funny. i base what i say with 51 one years of expierence,both skiing and smoking.i for one would never touch booze before putting on a pair of skis or heading out on a mountain bike.you can think what you want but the legalization of weed is here to stay.get use to it

My point is that booze absolutely impacts fine motor skills. But people still accomplish fairly difficult things while intoxicated. Just because you can ski on MJ, doesn't mean that it doesn't impact your skills. You realize that half the people on the mountain with you are drunk?

 

MJ is a central nervous system depressant. Unless you have some sort of super power that allows you to control your CNS, MJ absolutely impacts your abilities.

 

I'm not calling you a liar, because I believe that you believe what you're saying. I'm just saying that it does have an impact, regardless of what you think is going on. I've also seen drunks that blow a .25 and seem to be fine.

 

I'd love to see some science to back up the fact that experienced pot smokers don't lose any fine motor skills. Actual science, from actual scientists, not from High Times or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and it is very obvoius who the people are that ski while drunk.the problem with real science is that it backed by money from either those that are for or those against,very little from real non partisan sources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JTR said:

My point is that booze absolutely impacts fine motor skills. But people still accomplish fairly difficult things while intoxicated. Just because you can ski on MJ, doesn't mean that it doesn't impact your skills. You realize that half the people on the mountain with you are drunk?

 

MJ is a central nervous system depressant. Unless you have some sort of super power that allows you to control your CNS, MJ absolutely impacts your abilities.

 

I'm not calling you a liar, because I believe that you believe what you're saying. I'm just saying that it does have an impact, regardless of what you think is going on. I've also seen drunks that blow a .25 and seem to be fine.

 

I'd love to see some science to back up the fact that experienced pot smokers don't lose any fine motor skills. Actual science, from actual scientists, not from High Times or something like that.

I commend you for searching for science. Unfortunately as you heard, hard science has been hindered by prohibition. 

The High Times crowd is easy to mock from the outside looking in but they have been the defacto scientists researching MJ for the past 40 years. Long before the internet, science minded MJ geeks were studying and recording and sharing information via High Times and underground sources.

Obviously that amateur science exploded with the internet. 

 

I know stories don't convince anyone but for fun;

In my highschool jocks reigned supreme. Pot heads were called "Rats" and it was used in the meanest way possible. 

All boys were judged by athletic ability only. Rats didn't play sports and were considered 120 lb weaklings too uncoordinated for sports. 

 

Me and a buddy used to piss off jocks in the lunchroom by showing off our reflexes by throwing dimes at each other 3 or 4 at once and snatching them all out of the air.

Later on the ball field we played frisbee  - with 3 frisbees at once.

 

The fact that longhaired rats could show coordination irritated them.

The fact that most of them could not imitate us infuriated them.

 

To sum it up, 4 decades, I drank and hung out with drunks.

I smoked and hungout with potheads.

I have no problem driving, nightfishing, scuba diving or hunting with someone using MJ in moderation. 

I will not, ever, do any of those things with a guy been drinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

32 mins ago, mikez2 said:

To sum it up, 4 decades, I drank and hung out with drunks.

I smoked and hungout with potheads.

I have no problem driving, nightfishing, scuba diving or hunting with someone using MJ in moderation. 

I will not, ever, do any of those things with a guy been drinking. 

I apologize for the 120lb gig. Meant it as a joke, didn’t mean to insult.

 

Personally I wouldn’t trust myself doing any of those things while drinking or on MJ (been years since I’ve done that anyways). I can’t imagine diving while high. I envision swimming under a rock to hide from a sea monster or something and drowning. I definitely wouldn’t knowlingly hunt with anyone doing either booze or MJ. I say “knowingly” because I did hunt with a guy a few times who I later found out blazed before every trip. He was an idiot... I can’t say whether or not the MJ caused that, but I’m pretty confident it was his genetics, not the MJ.

 

The bottom line is that we both have our own experiences and are biased towards them. Personally, I would never trust myself to drive after using MJ or drinking more than 1. I think we’re both in agreeance that we shouldn’t do anything that would endanger ourselves or others.

 

 

 

 

Edited by JTR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, JTR said:

I apologize for the 120lb gig. Meant it as a joke, didn’t mean to insult.

 

Personally I wouldn’t trust myself doing any of those things while drinking or on MJ (been years since I’ve done that anyways). I can’t imagine diving while high. I envision swimming under a rock to hide from a sea monster or something and drowning. I definitely wouldn’t knowlingly hunt with anyone doing either booze or MJ. I say “knowingly” because I did hunt with a guy a few times who I later found out blazed before every trip. He was an idiot... I can’t say whether or not the MJ caused that, but I’m pretty confident it was his genetics, not the MJ.

 

The bottom line is that we both have our own experiences and are biased towards them. Personally, I would never trust myself to drive after using MJ or drinking more than 1. I think we’re both in agreeance that we shouldn’t do anything that would endanger ourselves or others.

 

 

 

 

I got punched in the head too many times trying to put that "weak pothead" misconception to rest. Still rankles after all that time.

 

Alot of why I stayed with this thread was to fight misconceptions. 

It's an interesting time. Hard to reconcile today's attitudes with what I grew up with.

I hope I'm around in another decade or two to see how it all shakes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.