bob_G

Hypothetical cannabis question

Rate this topic

520 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Drew C. said:

yes, we should stick to alcohol, it's much safer!

Drew we should stick to neither one as in the end they both have long term consequences legal or not :howdy:

1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

Drew we should stick to neither one as in the end they both have long term consequences legal or not :howdy:

that's not much fun

4 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

This madness to smoke this cultivated weed will eventually come to its senses when enough associated items become known to the public . For now it is all about money , money for the states and money for the towns . Where is the concern for the actual safety of the folks smoking and ingesting it . Once a base line is formulated as to the actual affects it has on the human body and the likely hood of long term health issues . Just like nothing was wrong with smoking in general once upon a time, this scourge will raise its ugly head and we all will pay the price in some way to bring a different health program to pay for it .while we have countless walking around in never never land looking for another way to justify smoking or eating  it. The ills of marijuana are long documented going back into history , when taken as a recreational use . The health agency do not recommend it, the federal government have declared it illegal and your rights to bear arms will be taken if you put yourself in such a place that they find you are  user . That does not even bring to bear what it will do to any young person that gets addicted to it.

Can you document any of this "The ills of marijuana are long documented going back into history , when taken as a recreational use "     from reliable scientific sources . .

13 hours ago, FizzyFish said:

Can you document any of this "The ills of marijuana are long documented going back into history , when taken as a recreational use "     from reliable scientific sources . .

Fizzy one only needs to seek out such reports from hospitals that indicate long term use is not good and that it affects the brain cells of those who may be to young in age and prevents them from developing. One such report I read a while back was from the Cleveland Clinic if my memory serves me . I am not going to get into a debate about the hazards  of smoking or eating this poison , I believe what I have read and heard from even our local police has merit and that is why here in Sandwich, we do not allow recreational use at least for now. I can still recall when every one told us that smoking regular cigarettes had no ill affect on us humans , Well I know personally that was not the truth. If smoking just plain tobacco  causes lung diseases , what make any one think that smoking weed will not do the same ? We are not speaking of medical use as that is another whole story as to why it might have some benefits for those adults[not children who have not matured] in a true need to find some pain medicine that helps in the removal of the pains from Cancer and other such scourges of man.

On 12/2/2018 at 7:37 AM, mikez2 said:

How can they pay their federal tax if their income is illegal?

There is a section in the I.R.C. the deals with how to report income from selling drugs. It even lists the allowable deductions for a drug dealer.  Income taxes are due on all and any income legal or not.

1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

Fizzy one only needs to seek out such reports from hospitals that indicate long term use is not good and that it affects the brain cells of those who may be to young in age and prevents them from developing. One such report I read a while back was from the Cleveland Clinic if my memory serves me . I am not going to get into a debate about the hazards  of smoking or eating this poison , I believe what I have read and heard from even our local police has merit and that is why here in Sandwich, we do not allow recreational use at least for now. I can still recall when every one told us that smoking regular cigarettes had no ill affect on us humans , Well I know personally that was not the truth. If smoking just plain tobacco  causes lung diseases , what make any one think that smoking weed will not do the same ? We are not speaking of medical use as that is another whole story as to why it might have some benefits for those adults[not children who have not matured] in a true need to find some pain medicine that helps in the removal of the pains from Cancer and other such scourges of man.

I would say you shouldn't debate it as you have pre-judged something it sounds like you know very little about. For example you mention nothing of CBD oil which is non-psychoactive and has been used to treat certain types of epilepsy in children. No one is giving kids pot to get high for pain. The scourge of man is pain killers. 

16 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

There’s a difference between the consequences of consuming alcohol and the benefits of using cannabis.  

The research is out there and readily available. And has been for quite some time. 

It's a gateway drug, plain and simple. Traffic accidents/deaths will go through the roof. And there is no reliable test for the police to use for DUI, unlike alcohol. I am also concerned about the edibles, candy, juices, and other crap that this will be added to. And how that may affect my kids. Middle schoolers are already secretly vaping in bathrooms and in class. Now imagine them passing around pot-candy. Thank you, the Commonwealth of MA for thinking of our best interests. I am sure millions of dollars of behind the sceneslobbying had no influence in this being presented to the voters.

1 hour ago, Sea Of Atlas said:

I would say you shouldn't debate it as you have pre-judged something it sounds like you know very little about. For example you mention nothing of CBD oil which is non-psychoactive and has been used to treat certain types of epilepsy in children. No one is giving kids pot to get high for pain. The scourge of man is pain killers. 

I Agee and also there is no scientific evidence that marijuana use is physically addictive, like alcohol, tobacco or opioids.

3 mins ago, tj7501 said:

It's a gateway drug, plain and simple. Traffic accidents/deaths will go through the roof. And there is no reliable test for the police to use for DUI, unlike alcohol. I am also concerned about the edibles, candy, juices, and other crap that this will be added to. And how that may affect my kids. Middle schoolers are already secretly vaping in bathrooms and in class. Now imagine them passing around pot-candy. Thank you, the Commonwealth of MA for thinking of our best interests. I am sure millions of dollars of behind the sceneslobbying had no influence in this being presented to the voters.

Gateway drug ??      how about some scientific proof.  

2 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

No recreational use???????????????   Pure BS

17 mins ago, tj7501 said:

Commonwealth of Mass??????????????????  It was voted into law by the CITIZENS of Mass not the politicians...……..

15 mins ago, b-ware said:

Commonwealth of Mass??????????????????  It was voted into law by the CITIZENS of Mass not the politicians...……..

By a slim majority.  Yeas...53.66%    Nays...46.34%

WE all have had this same  conversation over the past years and nothing has changed as far as I am concerned talking with local police , school officials and hospitals reports I have read . Any one smoking this weed and is inhaling it will at some point in there lives wind up with a lung problem and once they do it will be to late to reverse the affects. It has also been shown that those who take this weed recreational and do not have there full development of there brain they will also undergo serious growth problems that may nor be reversible. We have had several local youngsters that were killed in a car accident , where the contributing factor was the use of marijuana. This is also happening elsewhere in our country and one might believe the main reason the federal government still has it listed as illegal .

Pure BS is for those who have failed to understand all of the complexities of marijuana in the smoking form and in the edible form. Nothing at this time would make me change my mind which ever way you want to use this weed is your business if you want to cripple yourself or get some one killed as  result of smoking or in jesting it. The government has a whole lot of history on marijuana and its results from many of those who served in the military in another time frame, I would suppose that may well be a good reason they still declare it illegal to use. Greedy people have found a way to make it legal, as the income is with out question is putting blinders on  and like the ostrich just keeping there head in the ground and ignoring the documentation to its harm overall to the human population as we know it.   One can also say the same for those who during another time became drunken alcoholics and had a few of there brain cells become distorted to understanding any rational thought process and lack the ability many years later to fully function as human beings.