bob_G

Hypothetical cannabis question

Rate this topic

520 posts in this topic

44 mins ago, mikez2 said:

For all the many legitimate bad things and bad people cops have to deal with, I was never a problem nor a threat to them.

I drive over the speed limit on occasion but less often than average.

I try very hard never to litter.

I use the crosswalk.

I obey F&G laws.

Wracking my brain for other crimes but besides the aforementioned, I'm pretty sure that's it.

There's never been a good reason for me and my friends and relatives to have so many horror stories about cops. They had no reason to hate us so much. 

That is the real beauty of legalization. 

Taking that weapon from their quiver saves so many people from that abuse.

Kids of the future maybe will respect the police more without dealing with that all the time.

I’ll be honest, you don’t seem like a bad dude at all. It’s unfortunate that you’ve had bad experiences with cops. I really don’t think that the majority of cops would try to cause good people problems.

This is an honest question - has marijuana been the basis of issues that you and/or family has had with cops?

Edited by JTR

24 mins ago, JTR said:

I’ll be honest, you don’t seem like a bad dude at all. It’s unfortunate that you’ve had bad experiences with cops. I really don’t think that the majority of cops would try to cause good people problems.

This is an honest question - has marijuana been the basis of issues that you and/or family has had with cops?

No.

It was sometimes the excuse to initiate contact, but the negative interactions were no about pot nor were arrests made (trust me they WANT that arrest).

The connection to weed is that once contact is initiated, a cop treats a longhair way way different. 

So obviously weed was illegal so we were "criminals" in their eyes, even when they couldn't find any weed.

But it was never ok and society, if it knew at all, just figured they're only druggies.

1 hour ago, JTR said:

You realize that until very recently, you’ve been a habitual law breaker?

They don’t make the laws, they just enforce them.

Are you saying it's ok to harrass and violate the civil rights of citizens because law enforcement judges them guilty by the length of their hair or whatever profile they choose?

Edited by mikez2

14 mins ago, Plug and teaser said:

35 pages.......about pot ?

I never knew what a hold this stuff had on so many people.

I don't get it, but whatever makes your day.

You make me feel quilty.

I keep trying resist....this....thread......can't do it.....SO addictive!

3 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Are you saying it's ok to harrass and violate the civil rights of citizens because law enforcement judges them guilty by the length of their hair or whatever profile they choose?

Nope, pretty confident I never said that.

10 mins ago, mikez2 said:

No.

It was sometimes the excuse to initiate contact, but the negative interactions were no about pot nor were arrests made (trust me they WANT that arrest).

The connection to weed is that once contact is initiated, a cop treats a longhair way way different. 

So obviously weed was illegal so we were "criminals" in their eyes, even when they couldn't find any weed.

But it was never ok and society, if it knew at all, just figured they're only druggies.

It’s not an “excuse” if it’s illegal. It’s a lawful stop.

I do find it pretty amusing that a self proclaimed pot head would feel discriminated against because he looked like a pot head. Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

Edited by JTR

16 mins ago, mikez2 said:

You make me feel quilty.

I keep trying resist....this....thread......can't do it.....SO addictive!

Cigarettes are probably more additive..... took me 40 years to give them up and move on...... not to smart.

Never took you for a pot guy to be honest, family man, seem to have wide ranging interests etc.

Don't take 40 years...... move on.

34 mins ago, JTR said:

It’s not an “excuse” if it’s illegal. It’s a lawful stop.

I do find it pretty amusing that a self proclaimed pot head would feel discriminated against because he looked like a pot head. Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

Lawful stop is NOT what I am talking about. 

I've only been pulled over very a few times, only for speeding. I've never had weed issues with those. Some were tickets, some warnings, none part of the dramas I will not elaborate on. 

I find it illustrative and typical that you find discrimination against potheads amusing. 

Yup. You nailed it.

Removing that stigma and the harm it's done is my greatest hope for legalization.