bob_G

Hypothetical cannabis question

Rate this topic

520 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, Steve in Mass said:

Both current recreational dispensaries only accept cash.

Sure, and as soon as it becomes apparent they’re not paying taxes appropriately the law will come knocking on the door. They’re just waiting for these places to screw up. 

6 mins ago, Seadogg said:

Sure, and as soon as it becomes apparent they’re not paying taxes appropriately the law will come knocking on the door. They’re just waiting for these places to screw up. 

The reason it is cash only is that the credit card companies are leery of dealing with them because of the Federal Law.

The entire thing is so stupid since the CVS "right down the street next to the school" hands out opiates etc like candy to just about anyone, including gun owners. But Lord forbid someone consume cannabis and own a gun.... :dismay:

Havent been to Leicester but Northhampton is very above board. NETA is banking approximately $250,000 per day so no way does the owner wants to risk that cash cow by screwing the state on their piece. Double license check: Once scanned at door, once at register. Bored cops outside directing the lines. Everyone pretty melo.

8 mins ago, Seadogg said:

I think ultimately that's what will bring in the G Men.

Cash only because it's still against federal law.

How can they pay their federal tax if their income is illegal?

The FID card thing makes no sense whatsoever. 

That's why older Heads in the Know have stuck to the old tried and true underground network since medical first came out.

Why get your name on a list of Dopers down at the police station?

No shortage of tax free available from what I hear.

17 mins ago, mikez2 said:

Aside from the fact that is is at least 20% cheaper. So much for curtailing the black market, the idiots.

I guess quality and safety issues come into play, but if you know your sources, not so much.

1 hour ago, rst3 said:

The 'line-times' vary day to day but here's what they looked like yesterday 

Screenshot_20181202-063842_Twitter.jpg.cc522326ef34a6bda759baab1861b706.jpg

I dont understand the focus on firearms and marijuana, when most of your "problem discharges" occur 

under the influence of alcohol. When was the last time you heard about some guy hopped up on reefer madness, firing weapons off.. on the news? 

that's a fact, so I have to think this it's all about grabbing more guns.

9 mins ago, Steve in Mass said:

Aside from the fact that is is at least 20% cheaper. So much for curtailing the black market, the idiots.

I guess quality and safety issues come into play, but if you know your sources, not so much.

Right, the whole health and safety thing adds a bunch to the price, as does security. 

It's probably more than 20%.

I suspect the health thing is mostly to shut up doubters and convince undecided. 

It mattered more when it was "medical".

Modern day US grown weed gotta be way better than the old Columbian we had as kids.

Between the paraquat and all the dried bugs, it's a wonder we turned out so well.

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 mins ago, mikez2 said:

paraquat

:laugh: Haven't heard that term in YEARS.

As to security, I don't get it. They don't have police officers standing outside of Walgreens......

Awhile back when it came up for a vote in Sharon (Sharon, unlike my idiot town, actually will allow it and I expect to see one there soon), I read an entire publication on how many police officers and even a police dog they would have to add to the force because of the shop and the cost of that. And it is all so silly.........

But hey, it is a new thing, hopefully it will get more routine as time goes by and the stigma is further put to bed.

Edited by Steve in Mass

The hypocrisy of all this at the govt level is unreal. Trust no one.

I said when this started that this will do wonders for street sales.

I think if you are high you should not be allowed to carry a gun; I certainly dont want to be around a drunk person who is hunting as well.

56 mins ago, mikez2 said:

I think ultimately that's what will bring in the G Men.

Cash only because it's still against federal law.

How can they pay their federal tax if their income is illegal?

The FID card thing makes no sense whatsoever. 

That's why older Heads in the Know have stuck to the old tried and true underground network since medical first came out.

Why get your name on a list of Dopers down at the police station?

The IRS gladly accepts tax payments from marijuana businesses in cash. Even illegal income is taxable!

There was speculation that the federal govt would take a harder line with sessions in charge but nothing really came of that. 

8 mins ago, yemista said:

I think if you are high you should not be allowed to carry a gun; I certainly dont want to be around a drunk person who is hunting as well.

high and drunk aren't even close to being the same...

2 mins ago, slip n slide said:

high and drunk aren't even close to being the same...

Doesn't matter, they are just bad influences for people carrying guns in different ways