bob_G

Hypothetical cannabis question

Rate this topic

471 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2018 at 3:29 PM, Seadogg said:

Where is the line drawn? 

There is some truth to this joke,

Compared to sober drivers, drunk people are more likely to fail to stop at stop signs. ...stoned people wait for stop signs to turn green.

I have things to do and don't have time to get stoned, so I don't use THC.  Or, I do not benefit from using marijuana. 

Criminalizing recreational marijuana use is poor public policy.  I'd much rather see my local police officers and teachers get a raise.

Regardless of what I think, The people of Massachusetts have voted and that's what counts.

On 12/5/2018 at 3:42 PM, Angler #1 said:

Bob my friend I would suggest you do a little research and what we speak about when it comes damaging to the youth of our country and the damage to the brain cells is factual , pure and simple. Every study that I have read or has been sent to me over the years has made mention of this damage . Not all of the people have spoken in regards to marijuana, down here across the bridge many towns have passed rules against the growing and selling of this weed. Falmouth the exception so far and perhaps Mashpee. They can sell it in some cases, but they can not grow it , other then for personal use It is not legal , no matter what you or any one else may say in the eyes of the Federal government it is still illegal . That is another reason no one can obtain a loan from a bank when it comes to this product. It is a pure cash only business and for now you can sit and say it is legal because the voters passed it under a state referendum vote , but until and when the federal government does other wise it is constitutionally illegal and those involved in the business can be prosecuted, once the Federal Attorney General decides to take the lead of the President who has been pushing for such action to begin. Once that happens it will take the Supreme Justice system to vote one way or the other and who knows when it get to that stage they well vote it is legal. We will never know until them, in the mean time those who do not have full development of there brains should remain ever vigilant, I am not going to offer you any collaboration on what I have posted above , but I did work very close to the committee that has made Pot a non entity here in Sandwich and was able to review many documents that tell every one not all is every one would have you believe . At least for now it has not been challenged, so Sandwich will remain Pot free, other then what is sold illegally       

Is that legally possible? can one town ban the possession of MJ while it is legal in the rest of the state?

13 hours ago, MakoMike said:

Is that legally possible? can one town ban the possession of MJ while it is legal in the rest of the state?

Mike the town prior to the vote had an opportunity to ban the recreational retail sale in the town and they took advantage of it. They did allow the town to in fact sell medical marijuana in a selected part of the town , by placing it in a restricted area of town with a zoning change . Every town had the same opportunity in the commonwealth to do the same thing , many did not follow through with the process that was legal and binding. The present law allows each citizen to grow 10 plants for medical purposes if I understand the way it is presently written into law, with no selling of what you grow to any one else. Some feel that will,be violated and that some home growers may in fact sell to others? 

It is also noted that Sandwich is not the only town to have taken advantage of this recreational selling of Marijuana here on the cape and some towns elsewhere . In some cases the Attorney general office has not reviewed some to see if they met all of the legal compliance they are obligated to follow.  We are not talking about medical as that follows under a different set of guidelines and how the towns place restrictions on the growing of it , through zoning laws may well affect if any one wants to go through the hurtles if they get any push back from the town they apply in.

The home grown version is for personal use only and a question is if that also  means they must have a medical reason to grow and use as well. I can not remember if they need some sort of documentation from a doctor as well? I am sure those who plan to be growing this at home will provide us with an answer. It would make sense that any one planing to grow at home for personal use would have some sort of documentation to do so , just so that they would not be arrested for illegal reasons.

13 hours ago, MakoMike said:

It is perfectly legal in Sandwich, and all of Mass., to grow your own RECREATIONAL MJ.  No permit needed.  Six plants for every person over the age of 21 living there...……...

No you cannot sell it but then to you cannot sell homemade cookies either...………...

45 mins ago, b-ware said:

It is perfectly legal in Sandwich, and all of Mass., to grow your own RECREATIONAL MJ.  No permit needed.  Six plants for every person over the age of 21 living there...……...

…...………...

Only a maximum of 12 plants per household.

1 hour ago, b-ware said:

It is perfectly legal in Sandwich, and all of Mass., to grow our own RECREATIONAL MJ.  No permit needed. …..

....………...

Just to expand on this...….to not only grow, but to recreationally possess as well.

Folks 21 and older can recreationally possess up to 1 ounce of MJ or 5 grams of concentrate outside their residence and up to 10 ounces of MJ inside their residence.

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 mins ago, Joe G said:

Just to expand on this...….to not only grow, but to recreationally possess as well.

Folks 21 and older can recreationally possess up to 1 ounce of MJ or 5 grams of concentrate outside their residence and up to 10 ounces of MJ inside their residence.

That's true Joe, but, if your pot is "home grown" there is no defined limit on the quantity...………….

Let's get into a grey, murkey and foggy area here, there is no time frame for the home cultivation of cannabis so as soon as one plant is harvested another is started and I can see a whole new underground economy here...…  Take my car and change the oil, rotated the tires, detail it and fill it up with gas, the bill comes to x amount of dollars and it gets paid with x amount of pot, just sidestepped a lot of taxes...………….  Cut my grass for a joint or two    OK see where I am going here...…….

Edited by b-ware

6 mins ago, b-ware said:

That's true Joe, but, if your pot is "home grown" there is no defined limit on the quantity...………….

That is true. 

24 mins ago, b-ware said:

……... the bill comes to x amount of dollars and it gets paid with x amount of pot, just sidestepped a lot of taxes...………….  Cut my grass for a joint or two    OK see where I am going here...…….

Yep, a win - win for everyone.

3 hours ago, b-ware said:

No you cannot sell it but then to you cannot sell homemade cookies either...………...

Brother Bernie good to see you and i on the same page for a change. Nothing new in your post as to what has been discussed here for awhile I thought the number of plants was 10 each household could grow . I will run a check and get back to you on that

9 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Brother Bernie good to see you and i on the same page for a change. Nothing new in your post as to what has been discussed here for awhile I thought the number of plants was 10 each household could grow . I will run a check and get back to you on that

I am not your brother in any way shape or form, The number of plants permitted has been posted three times already, ( Bob g, Joe g and myself) you should have checked on your facts before you made your first post on this subject...……….