bob_G

Hypothetical cannabis question

Rate this topic

520 posts in this topic

I'm watching the news the other night and they featured the long lines at the cannabis dispensary in Leicester. I noticed there were a lot of guys standing in line, my age. Wearing camo hats, pants and coats. Clearly hunters. Local police cruisers parked nearby. If the local police were to keep track of locals visiting the dispensary, could that come back to haunt them when they go to renew their LTC or FID?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Nothing would surprise me now. The powers to be in Liberal ass Massachusetts will do anything and everything to diminish our 2nd amendment rights. 

Have you heard about the Women in New Hampshire who's remates weren't comfortable with her having a concealed weapon!! They called the landlord and the police. She had it in a safe and was following all appropriate N.H. Laws and regulations. Yet, the landlord still told her to get rid of the weapon or get out of the Apartment. She left. 

Did you see how much Money the state made in Taxes the first day of sales in Massachusetts? With this money being made in Taxes there will be a  cannabis dispensary in every town.

Edited by Deep Hole

It is not a crazy question. 

Way too many for large scale stings but I would never wait in line in my own town.

Never feel safe driving through town again. 

I've heard some towns/individual cops are cranky about it and will be looking for OUI.

If your car stinks, no mercy. 

I wouldn't want to talk to a warden in the woods with stinky cloths. Doubt they'll have a sense of humor either.

The federal issue definitely matters if you pay with a card.

Cash only thank you very much.

Already been done in Hawaii, holders of a medical marijuana prescription have to forfeit their rights get a firearms license & have to give up their guns if thy already had them before they got the script. All already been upheld by the courts.

3 hours ago, MakoMike said:

Already been done in Hawaii, holders of a medical marijuana prescription have to forfeit their rights get a firearms license & have to give up their guns if thy already had them before they got the script. All already been upheld by the courts.

4473 . 11e

You cannot legally purchase a firearm in the US if you smoke the pot. 

I wonder if there have been any issues with people with medical cards buying guns/ applying for firearms license. 

Seems more likely for that to catch up with people rather than having your license plate recorded in a dispensary parking lot.

Itll be interesting seeing how these things play out once the dust settles from legalization.

Weed is such a strong drug feds have it listed same as heroin ,cocain ,mushrooms. Thats why state police gotta take your guns away when you get a script.They should also take your fishing privleges away. Who knows what somebody hopped up on dope would do with a fishing rod?

10 hours ago, mikez2 said:

I've heard some towns/individual cops are cranky about it and will be looking for OUI.

If your car stinks, no mercy. 

Legally your vehicle cannot be searched due to it smelling like cannabis, burnt or fresh. This was the law before recreational use was made legal. 

Just now, Ditchbag said:

Weed is such a strong drug feds have it listed same as heroin ,cocain ,mushrooms. Thats why state police gotta take your guns away when you get a script.They should also take your fishing privleges away. Who knows what somebody hopped up on dope would do with a fishing rod?

The Devil’s lettuce!!!!

17 hours ago, bob_G said:

I'm watching the news the other night and they featured the long lines at the cannabis dispensary in Leicester. I noticed there were a lot of guys standing in line, my age. Wearing camo hats, pants and coats. Clearly hunters. Local police cruisers parked nearby. If the local police were to keep track of locals visiting the dispensary, could that come back to haunt them when they go to renew their LTC or FID?

I drove by there yesterday on the way to whitco. The line and parking was unreal. It looked like the big E. 

The 'line-times' vary day to day but here's what they looked like yesterday 

Screenshot_20181202-063842_Twitter.jpg.cc522326ef34a6bda759baab1861b706.jpg

I dont understand the focus on firearms and marijuana, when most of your "problem discharges" occur 

under the influence of alcohol. When was the last time you heard about some guy hopped up on reefer madness, firing weapons off.. on the news? 

17 hours ago, mikez2 said:

The federal issue definitely matters if you pay with a card.

Cash only thank you very much.

Both current recreational dispensaries only accept cash.