Boca area fishing info

Rate this topic

sunobskt

Appreciated. One last thing, will be using vrbo. Do you strongly recommend lake ida over Osborne or are they fairly equal in fishing quality. I have found a house on the water on Osborne. Transportation not an issue but nothing like fishing out of the backyard. 

5 hours ago, sunobskt said:

Appreciated. One last thing, will be using vrbo. Do you strongly recommend lake ida over Osborne or are they fairly equal in fishing quality. I have found a house on the water on Osborne. Transportation not an issue but nothing like fishing out of the backyard. 

Again I've never fished osborne, I know they are connected via canals but I'm 99% sure it wont have peacocks which are what make Ida so amazing.

That being said theyre not too far away from each other so you could fish both if you're down there for a while.

Knifefish are supposed to be nocturnal so if they really are in osborne, you could probably live line for em at night right in the back yard, that would be pretty cool.

Edited by bbfish

4 hours ago, ccb said:

what about pioneer park in Boca?  or off of El Camino 

There's always a bunch of locals with cane poles fishing for whatever will bite there. If you push back west under the bridge there are some good mangroves that hold snook.  If you push back way farther you can get to a spillway.  Generally need a boat to fish the saltwater canals.

Camino Real bridge is JAM packed pretty much every night.  Add very limited parking and i pretty much avoid it.  

You may be confusing it with the El rio canal, which is kind of a pain to fish on the saltwater side, definitely some fish back there though depending on the time of year and whether or not the spillway is dumping from the freshwater side.  I've never actually fished the freshwater side and I could be wrong but i believe that canal system connects to ida.

Edited by bbfish

• 2 weeks later...
5 mins ago, ccb said:

What types of fish are around there most of the time in feb and March 

canals and also out front in the salt

Most of my experience recently has been in Dec/Jan, but there will almost certainly be snook hanging in the canals/intracoastal.  If you're just itching to bend a rod theres always jacks/snappers/sheepshead/grunts.

The beach should have blacktips/spinners, I'm sure theres resident tarpon around I just dont have much experience with them.

Offshore its gonna be mostly king mackeral and blackfins.