luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - Winter 2018-19

Rate this topic

132 posts in this topic

47 mins ago, NewWaveDave said:

That's a beautiful fish! I heard the spring peepers this morning for the first time here in Port Norris. The fish are coming!!

I heard em last night so it's that time. 

Take it everyone is getting cabin fever. There's been more activity on here in the last two weeks than all of the last 4 months combined....

Couldn't take it yesterday, so I went out caught some trout. Would like some actual pullage, but it will have to do for now.

11 hours ago, BLilly said:

Take it everyone is getting cabin fever. There's been more activity on here in the last two weeks than all of the last 4 months combined....

Couldn't take it yesterday, so I went out caught some trout. Would like some actual pullage, but it will have to do for now.

I've been fly fishing for trout also. This Sat i'm heading out to catch some yellow perch. It won't be long now. 

Nice perch! we had a wind from the south east yesterday on the bay and we went out with bloodworms and did well on the white perch from the bank. Had some problems with the schoolies, though. For awhile, the schoolies were so thick they weren't letting the perch get the bait and my arms got sore from reeling them in. Was using #4 hooks so not much trauma to the fish, all lip hooked. Was using Aberdeen hooks at first then my wife got into a decent bass and tried to horse it in and bent the hook out so I switched up to some thicker hooks, still #4. No dinner plate sized perch but they were still decent sized. Had to use a 4 oz sinker because of the current at the mouth of the creek. The seagulls were trying hard to scoop up something on the surface around the rocks at the small jetty. There were a bunch of birds and I don't know what they were trying to get but they seem excited.

Just moved to Delaware from North Jersey this winter. Is the bay as bad as I hear it is? Not looking for spots as I know the drill. Just wondering if I can get into some good action from the shore. I'm up north more so hoping I can find em near the river to slaughter beach. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, JerseyJammin said:

Just moved to Delaware from North Jersey this winter. Is the bay as bad as I hear it is? Not looking for spots as I know the drill. Just wondering if I can get into some good action from the shore. I'm up north more so hoping I can find em near the river to slaughter beach. 

Where are you in Northern De . P.M.me if you can.

Edited by hunter123

19 hours ago, Drummerbeedude said:

We went to Assateague on Sunday. There was some pretty good blitzes going on a few hundred yards out. Did not have fishing gear......

you sure it wasn't just bunker and/or herring with birds on it?