Coffee Thread

Rate this topic

RoboSeagull

Dunkin Donuts whole bean and fresh ground before every pot for day to day coffee at home. Kona Peaberry for posh treat.

We make it with a Technivorm Moccamaster coffee maker rated #1 years running despite the design being around for a good while and a Cuisine Art burr mill also rated up there. Pic of our coffee plant

20181130_114319.jpg

8 o'clock beans, grind 'em and make it with a percolator.  So much better and hotter than our old Mr. Coffee.  My wife likes her Keurig, darn thing scares me.  Who knows what's growing in that thing.

"If you think fly fishermen are strange, try having a conversation with a mushroom picker."

John Gierach

3 mins ago, Bonefish79 said:

8 o'clock beans, grind 'em and make it with a percolator.  So much better and hotter than our old Mr. Coffee.  My wife likes her Keurig, darn thing scares me.  Who knows what's growing in that thing.

It builds immunity...lol

I have the single cup keurig. I clean it every other weekend.

I'm the only one in the house that drinks coffee, and I don't drink alot, so keurig is the cheapest way to go for me...

Maxwell house dark roast  at home,cuisinart drip coffee maker, 

gas station in town uses a bun drip machine and Maxwell house,

convenience store coffee is atrocious,  even if it wasnt I still wouldn't by it their , "sustainable harvest" posters piss me off, you pick the beans off of plants and grind them up, they act like every body else kills the ****ing bushes every year..

I drink it with a smidge of milk or liquid creamer, powder creamer sucks!

Edited by redfishkiller

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

13 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

Maxwell house dark roast  at home,cuisinart drip coffee maker, 

gas station in town uses a bun drip machine and Maxwell house,

convenience store coffee is atrocious,  even if it wasnt I still wouldn't by it their , "sustainable harvest" posters piss me off, you pick the beans off of plants and grind them up, they act like every body else kills the ****ing bushes every year..

I drink it with a smidge of milk or liquid creamer, powder creamer sucks!

bull****. You were boasting all about your fancy coffee rituals. I bet you sip with your pinky out.

17 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

bull****. You were boasting all about your fancy coffee rituals. I bet you sip with your pinky out.

I occasionally use my French press, but I still use Maxwell house :p

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

I buy whatever is on sale and drip my own.  The first one of the day is always with honey and half&half.  The next 5 or what ever are black no sugar.  In the evening: southern comfort and Kahlua.  I don't waste my Jim Beam in java.

Edited by Jettyhound

"If you want to consider what 'social security' does for and to people, look at the American Indian." -Henry Ford

"If I could live my life over, I'd live it over Giglio's B&T." -Bud E. Brown

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

When I worked in the city my coffee guy in the sidewalk cart (after a few morning routines) would poke his head out the window after every customer and he would see me walking towards him. Perfect cream and sugar cup everytime and a delicious bagel bagged up and ready for the $2 exact change handoff. A fine oiled machine. 

Not a huge fan of the taste but love the smell.  I make it all the time for others and have 1/4 to half cup or so.  What I have found is that a good burr grinder(I use Baratza Encore)  and weighing and grinding the beans right before you make it is key as well as water temp.  I use a all stainless french press and keep water temp between 195 and 200.  600grams water to 24grams beans is a good starting point.  Had Costa Rican Tarrazu this AM,  best tasting I have ever had.

6 hours ago, Scallywag said:

I switched to a stainless press for that same reason. 

Same here... Double walled stainless steel - keeps the second cup hot, not like the glass presses. Frieling brand.  

Have been using it most every morning for over 10 years and still looks and performs as well as when new.  Grind the freshly roasted beans right before making the coffee and drink it black.

Soon I will be back to the occasional cup of Kopi Luwak which is the smoothest coffee I have ever had and lacks the normal acidity - It is OK once in a while but not for an every day cup.  Some people think it is just a gimmick and a bad cup of coffee but I disagree and enjoy a cup on occasion.