RoboSeagull

Coffee Thread

Rate this topic

164 posts in this topic

Let's talk coffee, how do you like it? Where do you get your coffee? Do you guys brew your own? Why does partyboat coffee taste like hot sewage? How many cups are too many cups? :read:

I started off with powder creamer and sugar when I was in the Marines. Over the years I have had lousy coffee all over but probably the worst is the NYC street vendors around 9:30 or later  in the morning. I drink it black now and have found the secret to be have them fill the cup 1/2 to 3/4 full then the rest with hot water, that huge urn they have has been over a flame since around 4 in the morning. By 9 or so it is pure mud but adding the hot water to it does the trick and actually it is very good. At home I us an electric perk pot and yesterday I purchased a Nesspresso machine, does coffee and cappuccino, from what I have tried it is very good. This will stop me from drinking a whole pot at night, one Nesspresso for me and I'll make the wife a decaf cappuccino. 

I drank instant coffee with milk and sugar as a kid. Started drinking drip coffee black in basic training. I use folgers and add water when i warm it up. 

The little plastic kcups are not that good. I use mr coffee drip machine.

Somehow, I became in charge of making the first pot at work.

I'm usually pretty early, but even when I'm not, I usually have to make it.

We buy Duncan's by the case.

6 hours ago, RoboSeagull said:

Let's talk coffee, how do you like it? Where do you get your coffee? Do you guys brew your own? Why does partyboat coffee taste like hot sewage? How many cups are too many cups? :read:

71b16448_pizap.com14219803434221.jpeg

Keurig, that is all. Find the type of coffee you like and you always have a good cup/mug of coffee. May not be the best but it's always good, quick, and easy.

1 hour ago, saltfisherman said:

Make it ourselves at home

mail order from community coffee in New Orleans 

really ? community coffee us one of our customers

20oz WaWa dark roast filled to 3/4" from the top. 4 sugar packets, little half &half, little whole milk. Make it last an hour. 

Maxwell House if i brew at home. 

No instant coffee unless it's the apocalypse or a zombie outbreak wreaks havoc on the world. 

I prefer stronger coffee and I am constantly trying different beans. We fresh grind our own in the morning. There is a night and day difference doing that vs buying grounds. The coffee also must be hot.

• Cold water into the coffee maker.
  • Hot water into the carafe to get that hot. Then empty it right before making the coffee
  • Hot water in the mug to keep it hot. A cold mug cools the coffee down to quickly
  • If I want the coffee extra strong, I pour it over the grounds a second time.

We use a French press, grind our own beans and I drink it black, best coffee I’ve had. Used to use a Kurig, French press blows it away, much cheaper as well. We try different brands, from the ole 8 o’clock to Pete’s, Starbucks and on occasion get some beans from Kona