ThrowinPlugs

Changes coming to Montauk Point

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

No one even fishes the point anymore only a handful of guys.And im talking about at night ...

Edited by IslandSurf

Pictures from 50-100 years ago show just how far the ocean has advanced. The night crew eelslingers may not be happy when they lose their slippery perch.

3 hours ago, cheech said:

Pictures from 50-100 years ago show just how far the ocean has advanced. The night crew eelslingers may not be happy when they lose their slippery perch.

Not a big deal , we will just swim out and fish off equipment

Extending the point  could change currents thereby changing structure perhaps from North bar to the light. Best tides to fish may also change a bit. Many casters blame the change of Jones and false bar on the last revamping of the light. WE will see? I remember my first time under the light after the change. I remember thinking "a walkway. That is awesome" Then I started fishing it. The old rocks were way easier to fish. After that change I rarely fished it. Again we will see... 

Where is all the equipment going to be stored?  I once heard that The Fort was being considered as a Large Storage Area. Anyone have personal knowledge of this? I honestly cannot think of any other place to store the equipment and those Giant Boulders that will be needed. 

sb

Just a random thought about these big structure changes. We regularly hear that SS Sandy changed many locations and no doubt this work will changes something along the immediate north and south sides of Montauk. Isn't it logical that new structure is also being created closer or further away ?