Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeyZac

Can You Identify This Pump? Or A Newer Model With The Same Footprint?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, 31BBert said:

Image result for screw starter

Joey all you needed was a screw starter. You can usually find them at Auto Parts stores.  Tape it to a wooden dowl you would have been all set.

Jeez, never even heard of this tool before.  Yeah, that would have helped a lot.

Needless to say, I'll be acquiring/ordering one today. Gotta have this for future reference.

Grew up with them.  My father was a mechanic and we used to use them all the time when working on cars trying to start screws in tough areas.  I have used the same one to start both Philips head and straight blade screws, but I believe they may make one special for Philips head.  

Great tool for cheap money.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Screws on boats are stainless so magnets are useless ..  It helps to put a piece of tape on the end of the screw to help it from falling out. Use the tip of a scrw driver to start a hole and finish off with drill ..btw I don't see any 4200 or 5200 used to seal the holes on the base .was that changed out?if so did you see any residue from any sealant from before. If not might be a good Time to do so.

Edited by 757saltwater

Put 5200 in the holes (awkwardly) before I put the base down on top of the holes.  Didn't put any on the screws, but that's not a bad idea for future reference.  Didn't notice any residue on/around the old base or the screws.