fishfigure

*spot burn

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

Truth be told if the bass stock wasn't getting the living sh! t kicked out of it by the takers every rock there would produce . In turn every one would be to busy catching to walk and find him like others have done . Theres miles of empty beach and it isn't easy to navagate have at it to fish one silly rock . I agree OP did us no favors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2019 at 8:09 PM, Hook I said:

is there a Top Dog  Adm / Mod on the site who has edited the most spot burns ? 

If I had to guess it would probably be me...but I also spend more time on the site than any other admin/moderator :)

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheKnot said:

Truth be told if the bass stock wasn't getting the living sh! t kicked out of it by the takers every rock there would produce . In turn every one would be to busy catching to walk and find him like others have done . Theres miles of empty beach and it isn't easy to navagate have at it to fish one silly rock . I agree OP did us no favors 

 

Last fall a Capt. tree fleet (No name dropping) were slaughtering them. Normally at the end of the year, I try to hit a boat trip to relieve my back pains from walking the beach, but what I have seen first hand was a slaughter house. The crew were slamming the non keepers on the deck then throwing them overboard. They exceeded the keeper's quota as well. The was the last day I fund the slaughter of this hobby. Never again will I go on that boat!

 

 

To get back on topic, I've watch 99.9% of JS videos and since the north shore is uncharted surf territory for me, I have zero clues to that area. He does a really great job at hiding land marks and I've watch many of his videos 3x times hoping to get a clue. The fun part of fishing is the hunt! Its better to go out at various tides to learn the holes. 

 

TBH, a simply call to the local bait shop will put you onto the fish..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everywhere people go to fish for publicity will bring them publicity. They try to conceal it to keep selling their products.

 

Imagine if JS had to advertise in Jamaica bay. It would be futile, because no matter the hook strength, no fish = no fish.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 hours ago, fishfigure said:

Everywhere people go to fish for publicity will bring them publicity. They try to conceal it to keep selling their products.

 

Imagine if JS had to advertise in Jamaica bay. It would be futile, because no matter the hook strength, no fish = no fish.

 

 

Among them all John Skinner is the most down to earth . He rarely plugs stuff , he never pushes top end equip . He's a bare bones guy fishes like 3 color lures , while every other guy tells you to buy every color . And he could catcwh in a puddle , Jamaica bay no problem .The guy tells you everything but the spot .

Edited by giant basshole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 9:23 PM, giant basshole said:

Among them all John Skinner is the most down to earth . He rarely plugs stuff , he never pushes top end equip . He's a bare bones guy fishes like 3 color lures , while every other guy tells you to buy every color . And he could catcwh in a puddle , Jamaica bay no problem .The guy tells you everything but the spot .

I feel as if he is just using the spots of local fisherman to run his business.

 

In doing so, many locals will get upset, and once a crowd gets upset, they can usually revolt against the person doing the damage. In this case, people may argue that that person is myself. I cant agree nor disagree as there are arguments to both sides. 

 

If I was a third person, I'd just see myself as adding the fuel to the fire, but even without the fuel, the place will be burned. Why suffer countless weekends figuring out if the spot will be picked when you can already know its picked, thus forcing you to explore other areas.

 

I can see my argument as stupid, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 mins ago, fishfigure said:

I feel as if he is just using the spots of local fisherman to run his business.

 

In doing so, many locals will get upset, and once a crowd gets upset, they can usually revolt against the person doing the damage. In this case, people may argue that that person is myself. I cant agree nor disagree as there are arguments to both sides. 

 

If I was a third person, I'd just see myself as adding the fuel to the fire, but even without the fuel, the place will be burned. Why suffer countless weekends figuring out if the spot will be picked when you can already know its picked, thus forcing you to explore other areas.

 

I can see my argument as stupid, too.

How is he using locals spots to run his business ? The most he tells you is north or south shore , he doesn't pinpoint any spots .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my point is that whether you show a tiny tree or a horizon of Connecticut with a lighthouse in the corner, people will find it.

 

even saying eastern long island sound and fishing off greenport docks will give away the area. one rock might be stocked with sea bass, and the other might be empty.

 

the days where you can just go and see your friends on the water are gone, because in between your boat and your friends boat, are 15 other boaters and kayakers. If it was catch-obey-the-law-and-release-or-keep, then it's a different ball game, however people just poach and usually it's the people who come from the west near the city who haven't seen good fish quality their.

 

it's upsetting to see your area get demolished with outsiders, and right now I would say it's on the tipping point in the north fork.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

People from the "west" do not know all those spots.

Average Jo, or Jose, or Jung, or Jovan or Jamal, do not know every bay or every dock on north Sound.

Its the people in the forum, who pointed those spots so "west" could read it 

And then, you have two buses from Flushing coming your way.

Edited by Popasilov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Dont even get started on this ridiculous topic..... I have spoken to avid anglers in other states and when I told them about what goes on here in the northeast- arguments, Whiting out backgrounds in pictures etc.... they looked at me like I have 4 heads.... I personally think its funny

Edited by Fishy4335

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 0:46 PM, GarbageFish said:

Amen, all of the inlets have turned into the wild west.

 

 

 

So unless you live out east you're not allowed to fish? I live west and north and I respect the spots I fish, I do my research to find structure and spots I think will hold fish and I'm friendly and respectful when there are locals in spots that I go to. People get so upset when they hear where I'm from and it always bothers me. Shouldn't matter where you live as long as you respect the sport and the fishery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, pakalolo said:

after you grow up and spend some time actually fishing you will see the folly of your comments here.

I have fished for the past seven years almost every day of the year. As I still have a lot to learn, I have probably fished many more hours that a lot of people who have fished for 20-plus years. Not saying everybody, but some. I'm not comparing just letting you know where I'm at. 

All I'm saying is that I just mentioned what generally happens here with Northeast Anglers too many other Avid angles across the country Pennsylvania California Florida in regards 2 what people would do and a the lengths they will go to keep the places the fish a Secret. And they all couldn't believe it, they thought it was ridiculous.... their reactions were priceless

Edited by Fishy4335

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.