*spot burn

Rate this topic

fishfigure

No fishing

Just birds watching.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

• 2 weeks later...
7 mins ago, Rapala33 said:

Skinner's the one who blew up the spot along with many other spots

Well  I would say he didn't  blow it up very little details in his videos of land reference. Only if you know the place would you know where he's fishing. Other than saying  north shore he give almost zero  description of the place. So I would say he's blowing the spot up until this thread  I had no idea other than north  shore out east

2 hours ago, ChasingTales said:

Well  I would say he didn't  blow it up very little details in his videos of land reference. Only if you know the place would you know where he's fishing. Other than saying  north shore he give almost zero  description of the place. So I would say he's blowing the spot up until this thread  I had no idea other than north  shore out east

Same. Especially living out on the western south shore,  I would’ve had no clue where he was fishing before this thread. Very little details on the lesser known spots in Skinner’s books and youtube videos.

33 mins ago, Rapala33 said:

When you post surf videos like he does, whether it be Sound, ocean, bays or inlets people will recognize the spots.  To say his videos don't blow up spots is simply not true.

and when you then name the spot he showed in his videos, on the largest fishing forum online, you exacerbated the initial spot burn by a wide margin. 

If you really cared about that spot, I would go back and edit the name out of your previous posts.

37 mins ago, buddha162 said:

and when you then name the spot he showed in his videos, on the largest fishing forum online, you exacerbated the initial spot burn by a wide margin. 

If you really cared about that spot, I would go back and edit the name out of your previous posts.

This is very true.  I live in the North Fork and honestly don't recognize many of his spots.  Remember, his audience is in the thousands and 99% of those folks have NO IDEA about anything North Fork related.  It's an anonymous beach to them.  

1 hour ago, Rapala33 said:

When you post surf videos like he does, whether it be Sound, ocean, bays or inlets people will recognize the spots.  To say his videos don't blow up spots is simply not true.

I mean, if you recognize the spot based on some saltwater, sand and a few rocks, you probably already fish it lol. 

1 hour ago, buddha162 said:

First off this is not my post, or did you miss that.  Secondly you're missing the point.