angryseahorse

Eye-opening experience

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sytheteacher said:

Bite your belt and use the mono trick and rip it out...

Had a school bass by the inside of the mouth one morning. Shook really hard, hook was through fishes lip and burried past the Barb in my thumb right next to the nail. Old guy next to me ripped it out with mono. Cool trick. 

3 mins ago, angryseahorse said:

just looked it up on youtube - you think that would work when the hook was as deep as mine was ? very interesting. 

No.

^..^

Had a few hooks buried in my hide. Only one required an emergency room visit. It  Sucks when theres a  treble stuck in you and theres still a thrashing fish hanging off the hook too. It Really sucks when all that damage is on your dominant/stronger hand and you're trying to control the fish and get yourself unhooked with your weaker less coordinated hand. 

23 mins ago, angryseahorse said:

just looked it up on youtube - you think that would work when the hook was as deep as mine was ? very interesting. 

Nope. I cant even figure out how they pushed it

thru. That thing was buried! Damn!

Crushed barbs help , I would still advise getting into the habit of unhooking all your fish the same . I always use my left hand to grab the fish by the lip ( for a single hook like a bucktal ) if it's a plug I usually grab and control the plug , then unhook with pliers with my right hand . 

On 11/28/2018 at 7:15 PM, igomez said:

What he said...^^^...I tend to replace my trebles with siwash and j hooks.  I may miss a few dinks here and there but have never missed a decent bass.  

I tend do the exact same thing. I like not catching as many shorts bigger fish have no problem.

21 hours ago, valentine said:

Had a few hooks buried in my hide. Only one required an emergency room visit. It  Sucks when theres a  treble stuck in you and theres still a thrashing fish hanging off the hook too. It Really sucks when all that damage is on your dominant/stronger hand and you're trying to control the fish and get yourself unhooked with your weaker less coordinated hand. 

Had it happen just like that this summer. Fishing by myself.8121450F-C11F-4237-A4CE-BF2F5996E5FF.jpeg.793cad5c9cffdc807256a9fcea9a385e.jpeg

1 min ago, HeadShot said:

Had it happen just like that this summer. Fishing by myself.8121450F-C11F-4237-A4CE-BF2F5996E5FF.jpeg.793cad5c9cffdc807256a9fcea9a385e.jpeg

Spook,glassy water. nice. Except for the obvious.

Did u cut that and back it out?

I just got some Knipex bolt cutters I think they are 7 1/2 inches. They work very well and after looking at these pictures, I hope I never have to use them.