DragonsLax48

Lost and Found

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

I found a rod/reel in Ocean County last night. The rod had a tin jig and teaser rig above it. Send me a PM with a description of the rod you lost if you think it may be yours. I can tell you that this rod was not lost for long as it is in good shape.

Lets get this rod back to it's owner.

I like the cut of your jib.

Im just being needlessly nosy but.... If it’s a Stella or a VS, or a decent rod, you should tell everyone just so we know how unselfish your gesture truly was.  But I’m pretty sure a lot of guys would be really torn about doing the right thing if it way outclasses their own best combo. 

For the record, I have had so many great people karma moments and selflessness directed at me and my family the last 18 months or so that, had I found this rod & reel, I would be following your approach no matter what.

Well done!

It was an 8ft 3/4-3 oz tica paired with a Penn 550 ssg

I cant imagine losing that much gear. and it sounds like a lot of the rods were sentimental to the grandfather, so im glad i can help put a piece of the puzzle back together for these guys

You're a good man. Thanks for your efforts. Sh-t happens, who knows, bad new, had to get home. Hey women a leaves her kids in cars and forget about them and run into stores.Then blame their husbands for some type of abusive behavior and blame him. ( a recent story in Boston Globe) 

Maybe I’m being niave , however , I like to think most men ( “men”being the operative word), would make every reasonable attempt to reunite a found piece of useable gear to its rightful owner . Personally , I feel fishing gear , like tools , carry karma . This thought / belief is what drives my opinion. It’s what we do when no one is watching that’s important . IMHO, Bill J 

1 hour ago, Surf Guy said:

I saw on another board that someone "lost" 10 rods on IBSP.   I gotta ask...  How do you loose 10 rods?  Fall asleep during the incoming tide while bait fishing?

And why would you be bait fishing right now in NJ yet people are all the while catching at about a 90% less catch rate. 

On 12/3/2018 at 1:26 PM, Surf Guy said:

I saw on another board that someone "lost" 10 rods on IBSP.   I gotta ask...  How do you loose 10 rods?  Fall asleep during the incoming tide while bait fishing?

Anyone/everyone fishing ten rods should lose nine of them.

10 mins ago, Frugal Fisherman said:

Are there no limits to the number of rods at a time that one person can use? 

Not in Jersey for stripers. I do know that other states limit rods/hooks in water for certain species.

The state limit for stripers is one fish per angler over 28" and then ya can have another if ya get the bonus tag.... PER DAY.

It's never ben nor should ever be a question of law that gluttony is a bad thing.

Gluttony is one of them real bad sins.

And that is exactly what those picket fences are.

It's that, and arrogance cloaked in "food on the table" , and worse,

"I'm allowed to."  "No law against it."

I will never buy that line of ****e. Ya might as well set up a net, take as many as you can, and then toss the rest. 

Learn to plug, or if you cant, just stake one or two rods. 

Dont be that arsehole.