Tailslap

Stella SW 2019

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

Damn Mercedes........Only 2 engines?  but what if I don't want the 4 banger or the AMG and want the standard 8 cylinder

You know you'd go for the AMG.  :cool:

Can't wait to here the details of the new Stella.  Waited all season last year to buy one...:banghd:

what i can see from the pictures.

1. new spool design

2. look like air rotor, if you look closely under the spool there is a cut way of the rotor

3. new drag knob design

4. new handle know design.

Wonder what the price point on these guys are going to be? Love my SWB but forking out over a g retail for the newest model is already making me loose sleep. Upgraded waterproofing and gearing, I want one. Hopefully the finish was addressed because that is my biggest gripe with my Stellas and Saltigas that have no resale value. Would prefer bare metal than the fancy coatings that pit, flake and bubble when you actually use and abuse them  

47 mins ago, xjclint said:

Is it even possible to catch up to daiwa at this point? Mag sealed at half the price retail. Hard to beat Imo.

In what regard? Many (including Alan hawk) won't touch any mag sealed reel with a 10 foot pole. Mag seal maintenance is exclusive to Daiwa and a service reputation of expensive and slow has been talked about her ad nauseam.

Stella SW service on the other hand features a fast tracked service ticket with a flat rate of $35 no matter what needs replacing. Seems like a Shimano win to me? What Daiwa reel has superior performance for half the price? I personally am a big daiwa fan but not yet seeing the merits of your statement.