And we though this year was bad......

Rate this topic

Terrible news that the Mass Commercial quota was only 88.9% met..... so by some jack wagons great idea the 11.1% of “unmet quota” will be added to 2019...... put that with the possibility of the EEZ around Block and the slaughter of breeders this fall off NJ, we will have the perfect storm for an even worse season next year.... sucks. So that means that we will continue to see less and less big fish make it up our way, so polish up the golf clubs or enjoy catching 18” fish, soon that’s gonna be our choices :/

GOD made my Mold different from the rest, Then he broke that mold so I know I'm Blessed.

2 mins ago, stripedbassking said:

Terrible news that the Mass Commercial quota was only 88.9% met..... so by some jack wagons great idea the 11.1% of “unmet quota” will be added to 2019...... put that with the possibility of the EEZ around Block and the slaughter of breeders this fall off NJ, we will have the perfect storm for an even worse season next year.... sucks. So that means that we will continue to see less and less big fish make it up our way, so polish up the golf clubs or enjoy catching 18” fish, soon that’s gonna be our choices :/

that did not happen, you sir are misinformed. 

11 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

Maybe we ought to start a knitting group, sbk, I think after this year and many years of fishing going down hill, the worst  is yet to come...

Yeah that might be worth learning, at this rate if we can’t find a way to fix this we’re screwed, love the people who have said to me “every year it gets better and better in ME lol” because the pogies come up for a week and lure a handful of good sized fish for a few days does not indicate the fishery is in great shape. I personally only caught 4 fish over 40” this year and the number of 30-39” fish number had dropped significantly :(

So what happens if the commercial quota is not met again this year?? That means 2020 will have 130% quota of a decreasing fish population.... yeah great idea

GOD made my Mold different from the rest, Then he broke that mold so I know I'm Blessed.

22 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

I just wish people south of us would see the other side of it. Just about everything we let loose gets cleaned up on their way home....sad......And for years, we had some pretty strict regs, let alone being on the very tip of where their migration stops.

Yeah for sure and I think that’s where it kinda comes into play that the fishery really has to be managed as a whole there’s way to many players in the game everyone’s trying to make a quick buck off these fish and in the end the stocks are going to crash, I’m sorry. It there’s no way a fish that’s pressured 24/7 Year Round is going to respond positively to even more pressure on its stocks, that’s just impossible. Chances are the 4 fish I got last year over 40”  and released are freezer burnt in someone’s freezer and will be thrown out to the crows in a month........ I just wish more people liked to catch bigger fish, if we could manage the pogies and bass coastwide, we’d be filling out reels with 100lb braid, instead it’s full out fall blitzes of 18-20” fish.......

So i have little bit of a crew but  I know people all over.    One guy lives in Nj 2 miles off the beach works for on the water.  He knows everyone. He ask me hey you have caught a bunch of fish in nj the last few weeks do you think any of them were fall run fish? I said no as i have been catching 12-24 inch fish.  He told me he has been asking all of the fisherman and no one has said they caught a fall run fish. this was november 25th:shrug:.  In my area which is IBSP one of the fishing mecas there have only been a handful of keeper fish caught that i am aware of and my friends are old and retired i got guys on the beach every day. I am in two fishing clubs in the town in that area.  it's pretty bad.  we had a ****** run last year too.  At this point i am using an 8 foot rod and a fly rod because the reality of my area is picking at small resident fish.  

The only reason i have caught more fish than other people is because during september me and my buddy stumbled on a secluded area with sand bugs and small sand eels the fluke were eating.  so every weekend i drive two hours to catch between 3 and 10 fish a day.   Ok it's fun but three years ago i caught over 50 fish in a day and the year before i hammerd them as well.  

I have been on this site for 10 years and i got 12 years worth of plugs. i looked at them today on my wall and said what am i going to do with all of these lures?

I will update this thread  if things change but i have a feeling they won't.  I also made two trips to RI and caught lots of small fish.  I also went to ny and that sucked  In OCTOBER.  

Edited by crazybellringer

1 hour ago, crazybellringer said:

So i have little bit of a crew but  I know people all over.    One guy lives in Nj 2 miles off the beach works for on the water.  He knows everyone. He ask me hey you have caught a bunch of fish in nj the last few weeks do you think any of them were fall run fish? I said no as i have been catching 12-24 inch fish.  He told me he has been asking all of the fisherman and no one has said they caught a fall run fish. this was november 25th:shrug:.  In my area which is IBSP one of the fishing mecas there have only been a handful of keeper fish caught that i am aware of and my friends are old and retired i got guys on the beach every day. I am in two fishing clubs in the town in that area.  it's pretty bad.  we had a ****** run last year too.  At this point i am using an 8 foot rod and a fly rod because the reality of my area is picking at small resident fish.  

The only reason i have caught more fish than other people is because during september me and my buddy stumbled on a secluded area with sand bugs and small sand eels the fluke were eating.  so every weekend i drive two hours to catch between 3 and 10 fish a day.   Ok it's fun but three years ago i caught over 50 fish in a day and the year before i hammerd them as well.  

I have been on this site for 10 years and i got 12 years worth of plugs. i looked at them today on my wall and said what am i going to do with all of these lures?

I will update this thread  if things change but i have a feeling they won't.  I also made two trips to RI and caught lots of small fish.  I also went to ny and that sucked  In OCTOBER.  

A buddy and me drove down From ME back on the 16th to hit the “Prime time” at IBSP...... between the 3 of us fishing sunrise to sunset on Saturday and sunrise to 10am on sunday before heading back there was one fish about 20”..... sad to see, we have heard how great the fishing is there, beach was beautiful, but the fish were non existent.  We saw tons of people fishing and maybe saw 4 fish caught, all in that 14”-22” range. 

Bottom line it it ain’t what it use to be :(

7 mins ago, stripedbassking said:

A buddy and me drove down From ME back on the 16th to hit the “Prime time” at IBSP...... between the 3 of us fishing sunrise to sunset on Saturday and sunrise to 10am on sunday before heading back there was one fish about 20”..... sad to see, we have heard how great the fishing is there, beach was beautiful, but the fish were non existent.  We saw tons of people fishing and maybe saw 4 fish caught, all in that 14”-22” range. 

Bottom line it it ain’t what it use to be :(

YIKES....whats ibsp stand for bud?