iphish

Migrants

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

"90% of these people wil be denied asylum, which presents Mexico with a problem... what to do with teh thousands who are waiting"

Well, Mr Reporter, perhaps ole Mexico should have thought of this before they facilitated their locust-like migration north for the past 2 months.  Its not like "mexico" didnt know they were there!

For those who have no issue with the border jumpers, imagine fo a moment that this isnt the southern border but instead is the front door to your local elementary school.  Now envision the exact same thing... same behaviors.  Because make no mistake, that is what is happening.

4 hours ago, 55555s said:

...For those who have no issue with the border jumpers, imagine fo a moment that this isnt the southern border but instead is the front door to your local elementary school.  Now envision the exact same thing... same behaviors.  Because make no mistake, that is what is happening.

that is about right; but doesn't exactly sound that bad to me. If the school needs more money they can cut some administrators and jettison some PILOT programs.

21 mins ago, rollincoal said:

that is about right; but doesn't exactly sound that bad to me. If the school needs more money they can cut some administrators and jettison some PILOT programs.

yeah 40-45 students in each class with one teacher should work out fine for everyone

10 hours ago, rollincoal said:

My local district jettisoned the gifted and talented program a club/activity, one basketball team, and an advanced music section.

Because more kids suddenly and unexpectedly moving into town who are ESL, whose parents suck, and who need special services.

I paid into the tax base for my entire adult life, and now that I finally have kids in the sschool system my one guy gets his AcTalented class cut and the other is out 2 extra curriculars.  

A russty shiv to the pink hat wearing liberal slime who supprt this sort of border hopping crap.  

Rant over.

8 hours ago, rollincoal said:

Having more children in school just isn’t something that gets me worked up.

Then you don't understand the issue or are too far removed from it either temporally or socio-economically.  

20 hours ago, rollincoal said:

For many it seems far easier to see the have nots as a zero sum problem.

We already have all the have nots we need.  There is no reason to import more.

4 hours ago, 55555s said:

Then you don't understand the issue or are too far removed from it either temporally or socio-economically.  

I see what happens in communities and schools. How we cannot allocate enough resources to educate children and invest in the future is hard to understand; we have no issue bailing out bankers or a continuing a massive war effort with trillions of dollars.

Your children's education becomes only as good as the slowest person in the class, I'm not speaking about delayed learning, or special needs......but some that simply can not comprehend the english language be it math, science or history. Where this impacts the most is when things are just coming together for students in the 4-6 grade, as one teacher mentioned ( anonymously) to me we can lose an entire year in the 3 year span due a couple of kids.   

On 11/29/2018 at 10:37 AM, rollincoal said:

I see what happens in communities and schools. How we cannot allocate enough resources to educate children and invest in the future is hard to understand; we have no issue bailing out bankers or a continuing a massive war effort with trillions of dollars.

No you dont see it.  At all.

On 11/29/2018 at 10:37 AM, rollincoal said:

agreed. Education is arguably the second most important use of tax $ after defense.