JBreese1

1990 Mercury 15 H.P. Electric start outboard for sale

2 posts in this topic

I have an 1990 Mercury 15 H.P.  Electric start  [15 EL MODEL #1015311JD]  for sale.  I purchased this from my uncle when he moved from an H.P. restricted lake in NJ to lake Wallenpaumpec in PA.

This motor has only seen freshwater use on a small Bass boat and has low hours. I got this about 4 years ago and have never ran it. It was professionally winterized for long term storage and has been stored in my basement ever since. I was going to use it to replace the early 80's Johnson outboard on my 14' skiff. The problem I found out is that this motor cannot be converted to tiller use like most Johnson/Evenrude models can.  It is set up for an boat with a steering wheel and remote controls. I even went and spent $125.00 for the tiller assembly for the same year Mercury motor, only to find out it cannot be converted.  I am willing to part with this for $225.00  [The NADA guide lists the average retail of this motor at $400.00.  If anyone is interested they are welcome to come over and do whatever they wish to start it. I have a battery, but no fuel line or gas tank. I am assuming that it can be hot-wired at the Connector plug or at the motor. I do have an compression gauge also. Motor can bee seen in Port Monmouth NJ.  [Pic's below]

Jim

PICT0007.JPG

PICT0008.JPG

PICT0009.JPG

Time to bring this back with my first bump.  Someone must have an use for this. Since first listing I also sold my skiff, so now I have absolutely no need for this. Will lower price to $200.00 or best offer.

Jim