EliasV

2018 outback cracked today

152 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2018 at 10:11 AM, Santiago II said:

I like to paddle, even when I'm not fishing, which conversely makes it easier to get there faster, chase moving fish, and stay on fish when I get there. Also, being a better paddler means faster boats and more efficient hulls that perform better in the surf. But a paddle will never be a good as peddles when you're trying to cast to fish and hold position.

I don't mind paddling either.....until I'm out with a bunch of peddle guys and they can fish hands free and can control their drift 100xs better lol....

Kudos to Matt Miller for taking bullets on Hobie's behalf.   I think he's doing a fine job trying to manage the criticisms and potshots and continuing to be as professional as possible in responding.  

I started kayak fishing with a paddle yak and got quite good at paddling but it distracted from fishing to the fullest when I had to deal with currents, various environmental and weather factors.   A major reason I decided to splurge on a 2016 Outback which I've used for three years without a single incident or issue.   I'll never go back to paddle yaks.

So I will continue to buy Hobie Outbacks simply because it's the best fishing kayak out there.  I look forward to getting the 2019 edition.