BrianBM

A possible weather change, even a storm

Rate this topic

261 posts in this topic

A couple of things have happened lately, or been said lately, that have me wondering if that long-overdue Storm isn't actually drawing closer. Not the one predicted in the Storm/Pizzagate/etc. threads. Neither do I have a Tuesday - at - 11:00 a.m. schedule to offer. 

1.  Sarah Sanders said something the other day that I wish I could find, and quote.  I'll paraphrase it this way.  "No one of any importance to the campaign is going to be charged with conspiring with the Russians."  Emphasis added, OK?  And it's a paraphrase, not a quote.  The significance of that didn't grab me as immediately as it should have. Did anyone else hear that? 

2.  Roger Stone and Jerome Corsi are both in plea negotiations with Mueller over lying to the Feds ... about what?  Stone had been saying for some time that he expected to be indicted, Corsi is doing the same now. They are contradicting each other as to who said what about Wikileaks, and neither is remotely believable without confirmation. The apparent connection is FIS>Assange>Corsi or Stone or maybe both>campaign.  Don Jr? 

3.  Donald Trump, Jr., is supposedly saying that he expects to be charged. It's a fair guess that this has to do with those meetings in the Trump Tower with one, or two, or three, or nine people about Russian orphans, about commerce, about dirt on Hillary, and the President's lack of awareness of the meetings, well he knew a little, Don Jr. didn't consult with him on what to say, well he consulted a little, and finally his statement was written by the President.  And so on.

4.  We keep hearing how Mueller is almost done, really.  It might even be true. We'd all like this to be over, IMHO.

I also infer a possible embarrassment about the Trump family charity.

Supporting evidence for a lumpy road ahead for Team Trump as follows.

a) A sudden flurry of excitement here about the Clinton charity scam - YAAAAYY!!  The likeliest reason is that the NYAG is going to be mean about a charity whose major expenditure appears to have been a 6' portrait of .... you know who.  The family lawyers may have told the client to expect to be boxed about the ears by New York State.The word has been passed to talk about the Clinton charity. Tax problems are less likely, though not beyond the realm of possibility. 

b) The new Attorney General is not going to get any rush to Senate confirmation. The President needs him in office now, both to shut down Mueller and to avoid having his own dubious business activities examined in public by those mean Democrats. The more we read of his background, the worse it gets. Per KnewBee's post, he's amending his financial disclosure statements as fast as he can go. 

c)  The House is desperate to get Comey and Lynch back into a closed room.  Distract! Distract! The President needs all the distractions he can get!  

Comey's lawyer has said that he's happy to testify in public, but will resist the subpoena as long as it seeks a private, closed hearing. I wonder if that part of the court fight will be on court TV or not? That might be fun to watch. Especially fun when the Court asks what was inadequate about the prior closed-door examinations. 

At the moment, I'll speculate that Stone and/or Corsi knew what they were getting via Wikileaks, Don Jr. was their contact, and he may have crossed the line. He also might have been silly enough to lie to the FBI about who said what, when, etc. 

Of course, he never told Dad. 

;)

Your take?

The hatchet man cometh, and will cut away all your woes Brian. Like a good horticulturist, pruning off dead wood and diseased wood is good for the tree.

We'll see.

So many unknowns. How many indictments have yet to be unsealed? Any? A lot?  Who did Sarah have in mind, as a person of "no real importance" to the campaign (presumably to be tossed  under the under the bus?)  Roger Stone? Jerome Corsi? Don Jr.? 

Maybe it was President Trump himself, but her point is that he had very little to do with the campaign?  ;)

I’ve heard rumblings about Pam Bondi as AG?

Isn’t she the same Pam Bondi given a $25,000 campaign donation by the Trump charity right around the time she declined to prosecute Trump University?

What a tangled web we weave indeed. 

Yeah posted a picture of Corsi in a separate thread and Mitchell Master woke up just long enough to point out it was not a picture of Roger Stone. 

...Back to discussions on Comey 

It would be a breath of fresh air to get this whole Russian mess out of the way. It's been going on for way too long and IMO, way to distracting and chaotic.

I hope all will be honest, but we know how the DC folks are. Pulling teeth is easier.  I hope all the facts are true, we surely do not want to hear those bearing false witness. 

These people need to do the right thing, the correct thing, the good thing.

Most Americans are tired of this DC rubbish! The American people do not want to continuously hear about this Russian collusion/rigged election stuff. Fix it and move on!

Unless you are willing to throw the Clintons under the bus you are not getting the Donald.

Remember you guys (the left) have been trying to nail Trump for 3+ years now and you still got nothing.

3 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Remember guys, the right has been trying to nail Hillary since 1993 and they still got nothing....

Hates great climate. ^

6 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Remember guys, the right has been trying to nail Hillary since 1993 and they still got nothing....

In reality, they did. Remember Comey things, just didn't think they were, how did he say it...intentional or something like that. Others were tossed in jail for less. So to say nothing was found is not a true statement.

6 hours ago, BLT said:

In reality, they did. Remember Comey things, just didn't think they were, how did he say it...intentional or something like that. Others were tossed in jail for less. So to say nothing was found is not a true statement.

And Knewbee knows better than most the seriousness of the laws she violated and the national security risks Hillary took - for all of us - by sending, receiving and storing classified documents through and on an insecure server in her home. He’s just towing the liberal line a little when he writes stuff like you quoted - he knows she should be in jail.

TimS

3 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

Unless you are willing to throw the Clintons under the bus you are not getting the Donald.

Remember you guys (the left) have been trying to nail Trump for 3+ years now and you still got nothing.

Wouldn't it be great if new leadership could come in and devastate all of them?  Literally everyone from both the Trump and Obama Admins, every Congressman, and maybe even some judges?

Every last person that abused power, colluded, struck back room deals, all of them.  A few hundred politicians, lobbyists and lawyers, all in Federal prison, send a shockwake through the entire political system, devastating several political and economic empires in the process.

Nail them all.

3 hours ago, BLT said:

Didn't say "nothing was found",   said they didn't "nail her"

18 hours ago, PlumFishing said:

I’ve heard rumblings about Pam Bondi as AG?

Isn’t she the same Pam Bondi given a $25,000 campaign donation by the Trump charity right around the time she declined to prosecute Trump University?

What a tangled web we weave indeed. 

I knew she'd received some significant donation.  Was it from the Trump family charity, as opposed to a PAC?