awall630

Thanksgiving Sale - 9' St. Croix rod bundle

11 posts in this topic

Happy Thanksgiving all.  I'm selling a few rods that no longer have a place in my lineup.  I'd prefer if they were purchased together, thus the very fair asking price of $200 picked up for both. I'm in Newport, RI, but I travel to CT and MA often.

St. Croix Avid (ASRS90M) 9' 1 piece 1/2-2 1/2oz older version.  This model is discontinued and far more moderate than the current red blanks.  I purchased it used at the beginning of the season and took it on one trip to Cuttyhunk.  There are light signs of wear, but no major scratches or knicks and the cork tape is in good shape.  All guides are original.  This is an excellent rod for spring fishing in back bays and rivers.  It excels in the 3/4-1 1/2oz range.

St Croix Mojo (MSS90MM2) 9' 2 piece 3/4-4oz.  This rod was purchased new by me in the middle of the season and used on a few trips to Block.  There are some superficial scratches and dings, but none affecting the blank.  All guides are original.

These are a bargain at this price and each rod covers a different range/niche.  Thanks for looking.

Interested in the avid. I have the st crioix mojo so I don't have a need there. If you'll split I'm local and can meet for Pickup on the avid. Would need some pic if so...

Edited by Nomad92

7 hours ago, GraniteStRockfish said:

are these still available?

interested and can pick up in New London, CT next week

Yes, still available and I will be in Mystic next week.

On 11/22/2018 at 11:25 AM, FlukeOff said:

Is the Avid a surf or inshore? I didn't know St Croix made any one piece 9' rods. 

It's a discontinued surf model.  They did indeed make a one piece.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:22 AM, Nomad92 said:

Interested in the avid. I have the st crioix mojo so I don't have a need there. If you'll split I'm local and can meet for Pickup on the avid. Would need some pic if so...

On 11/22/2018 at 10:42 AM, Thormx902y said:

any pics of the dings on the mojo?  I would team up with @Nomad92 and take the mojo if they're not bad!  Perfect rod for my wife

I'd rather not split them up at this price, thanks guys.

4 hours ago, awall630 said:

Yes, still available and I will be in Mystic next week.

great, itll be difficult for me to travel locally too much but if we can arrange near New London sometime during the week, ill take them pending inspection - if you can post pics thatd be great but no big deal

if you have a good deal and want to move them sooner, thats fine with me but otherwise I'll take them next week

thanks!

1 hour ago, GraniteStRockfish said:

great, itll be difficult for me to travel locally too much but if we can arrange near New London sometime during the week, ill take them pending inspection - if you can post pics thatd be great but no big deal

if you have a good deal and want to move them sooner, thats fine with me but otherwise I'll take them next week

thanks!

They're yours, thanks.  PM sent.