Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonefishdick

Finally a Good Commercial

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Just saw a commercial on tv that actually showed people fishing  and fly fishing that looks like they really know what they are doing.

It always pissed me off to see a commercial  that showed people doing both that made a mockery of the sport because they used a model with some gear that did not have a clue on what to do.

Well dome Yeti !!!!  :th:

Wow Pigs can fly after all then Dick. Good stuff.

We get these naff embarrassing ads over here to. Usually showing gear that by grandad would have fished. Worse than cringeworthy.

mikey

Funny, it bothers me too. Almost all commercials with any type of fishing have people with no clue. It's pretty sad when the Geiko gecko fly fishes  better than actual people do in a commercial. 

L

On 11/22/2018 at 8:31 AM, bonefishdick said:

Just saw a commercial on tv that actually showed people fishing  and fly fishing that looks like they really know what they are doing.

It always pissed me off to see a commercial  that showed people doing both that made a mockery of the sport because they used a model with some gear that did not have a clue on what to do.

Well dome Yeti !!!!  :th:

BFD, that commercial is a compilation of a bunch of great longer yeti videos. If you want to see the full ones, search “Yeti cosmo” “yeti 120 days” and “yeti my old man” 

those are my three favorites but they have a bunch. 

Have not fished with many Brits, did have the pleasure many years ago to hook up with Mike  O, can't remember if it was him or one of his friends as a raced down a marsh bank yelling " Bloddy Hell" chasing a fish. I also fish with another friend every year in Sanibel who also knows his stuff, Both fine gentleman.

I've noticed that about the Brits. I'm sure it's not true in every case...nothing ever is. But the Brits tend to be gentlemen. They have manners. They are...polite. I have a couple living a few doors down in my apartment complex. They have a wonderful accent. I always love hearing Australians speak, too. 

Mike and I have fished together for more than a decade.  He is the most dedicated fly fisher I know.

Looking forward to hooking up with him in Harwich Port for 3 weeks in June.

Edited by RJ

Last year I had planned to have my friend from the UK and WV both come at the same time to the Cape to fish but then the big set back and I had to cancel the trip, had cottage rented, so bummed it never happened.

This year my friend from the UK can’t make it but my WV Buddy will be here for the week starting on June 21st and we will be at my condo in Brewster, hope to cross paths in Chatham with some folks as well.

On 24/11/2018 at 3:05 AM, Del Gue said:

I've noticed that about the Brits. I'm sure it's not true in every case...nothing ever is. But the Brits tend to be gentlemen. They have manners. They are...polite. I have a couple living a few doors down in my apartment complex. They have a wonderful accent. I always love hearing Australians speak, too. 

Del

Sadly I am one who does not qualify. At best I am rough around the edges.

Its funny 

You like our accents and we like yours.  I can’t get my head around the NY accent and NJ is just wonderfully brutal . Then you have the soft southern lilt and the Texan slow  draw delivery that has you waiting wondering when the next word is coming.

mike

Dick

I met you just once over a decade ago in a certain Inlet on the South side when you were moving up and down the straight sod bank section attached to about a 32 inch long Striper. I was amazed as you were fishing an I Line and water was 20 feet deep. I still have the Betsy you gave to me from that day. You landed the fish.

We then conspired to miss each other since on my annual Cape trips. You ran into other members of our crew at the Refuge but never me. Must be a hidden message. LOL.

Hard to figure when I think of all the SOL guys I collide with every year.

As you are on the mend maybe this year could be the year.

Us Brits really value our special friendships we have with the USA and it’s people.

Mike

Edited by Mike Oliver

On 23/11/2018 at 4:25 PM, RJ said:

DAQ,

Mike O will tell you it is because the Gecko is British!

Heh Bob

Never seen this programme. Anyway Geckos I only ever saw on the walls of cheap appartments  when on cheap package  tour holidays  with the wife and three kids many moons ago in Portugal.

kids have their own kids and I am hoping against hope that little Indi-Rose who is now 20 months old will love the ocean and will want to surf and fly fish the surf with grandad before she is ten. Wet suiting of course. It is safer. She will swim better than an eel before then.

You are going to get more competition on the flats at Brewster's.

Me and you can share a pint whilst she sips on a coke when we make shore again.

Man needs dreams Bob and that’s mine.

oly

13 hours ago, Mike Oliver said:

Heh Bob

Never seen this programme. Anyway Geckos I only ever saw on the walls of cheap appartments  when on cheap package  tour holidays  with the wife and three kids many moons ago in Portugal.

kids have their own kids and I am hoping against hope that little Indi-Rose who is now 20 months old will love the ocean and will want to surf and fly fish the surf with grandad before she is ten. Wet suiting of course. It is safer. She will swim better than an eel before then.

You are going to get more competition on the flats at Brewster's.

Me and you can share a pint whilst she sips on a coke when we make shore again.

Man needs dreams Bob and that’s mine.

oly

I haad great times with my grand daughter between 12 and 15 catching striped bass on the flats outside Barnstable Harbor.

May you get your wish.  I had more fun that a barrel of Monkeys fishing with both Grand Kids. 

Mike, 

Nothing wrong with rough around the edges. :)

As for accents, I'm a weird duck...born in the South to Yankee parents. Live on the coast in FL, which is nothing like classic Southern. Too many tourists coming and going, and some staying, with the potpourri that makes of the local population, for my 'burg to be truly Southern. The result is that I have no accent, per se, certainly nothing discernible to me. I can affect one, if I wish. Of course, I can affect a hoodrat accent, too.