FoliFish

Thanksgiving HS Football

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Just saw a final score from my Alma Mater’s Turkey Day HS Game....from last night?  Apparently 30+ games were moved due to cold.  Apparently I live under a rock just now realizing this.  Kind of a shame IMO.  Oh well!  Safety first 

Edited by FoliFish

I heard of this tom foolery yesterday afternoon. Yes, it's cold...suck it up.

GO CM!

Edited by heyblue34

2 hours ago, FoliFish said:

Just saw a final score from my Alma Mater’s Turkey Day HS Game....from last night?  Apparently 30+ games were moved due to cold.  Apparently I live under a rock just now realizing this.  Kind of a shame IMO.  Oh well!  Safety first 

wimps nowadays dennis. 

this is the definition of FOOTBALL WEATHER! I feel bad for the kids, cause it's not them making the decision, it's us adults. My team played last night as well...and WON! Go Canalmen!

2 mins ago, bradW said:

this is the definition of FOOTBALL WEATHER! I feel bad for the kids, cause it's not them making the decision, it's us adults. My team played last night as well...and WON! Go Canalmen!

This .   Its about the fans.  Poll any kid or coach and they want to play.  

2 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

NFL....  lightning or disaster is the only reason they would cancel. 

New everyone gets a trophy world were in. 

bull****.  

HS football is about 30 trillion times superior to the pansy overpriced primadonnas i the NFL.

HS football is real kids playing real games because they want to, bot because of agents or getting paid.  

NFL hasnt been laudable, or even a halfway decent place to spend time, in decades.

HS football is a last bastion of NOT being pansies or giving trophy awards.

3 mins ago, 55555s said:

bull****.  

HS football is about 30 trillion times superior to the pansy overpriced primadonnas i the NFL.

HS football is real kids playing real games because they want to, bot because of agents or getting paid.  

NFL hasnt been laudable, or even a halfway decent place to spend time, in decades.

HS football is a last bastion of NOT being pansies or giving trophy awards.

Point taken

Plus a lot of fans now were forced to come up with a whole new excuse/reason to be drinking beers before 10AM on thanksgiving.  A tradition as old as the games themselves lol!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

I dunno... it was ####ing cold on Wednesday night watching the first half of my HS's game...  27 to 0 blowout at the half.... I went home and got Chinese takeout.

I for one was glad they moved the game to Wednesday night..... didn't stop me from hitting the Jim Beam Thursday morning! (I had a cough)