Perch fishing Backpack?

Rate this topic

hoytrdye

After going through plenty of backpacks in the surf , I finally broke down and got the grundens rum runner .  It has lasted me 3 years so far. Easy to clean.  Mesh compartments hold just enough tackle containers. Best investment I’ve made in backpacks for fishing.

I travel light and fast so I can cover as much shoreline as possible  ..... this is all I need and it’s still packing way too much, at 14 oz  this small bag with tackle is all I need for the whole season

DF71F589-EB17-4218-8703-6B0C0EBAB078.jpeg

1BDF9DBD-C33B-4CFD-B35A-AD651FD3FFA4.jpeg

Edited by Double_D
"Obamacare: the efficiency of the DMV, the compassion of the IRS"

I recently went from an Okuma Nomad Surf Jetty bag to a North Coyote Hiking Backpack Cooler Bag. The Okuma bag worked well but I kept stuffing it and it got heavy and felt awkward slung over the shoulder. I like the backpack. I feel more balanced and can carry a ton of stuff. Figure the cooler section will come in handy if I start taking home some fish.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Barkoff said:
  1. Doesn't anyone use a vest anymore?  :) 

I do... I have always used a Cabela's "Rat Pack"... Loved it... No longer made... Just bought a Fish Pond Sagebrush for 20% of at Cabel's.. Used it once.. Seems nice, just gotta get used to the new pocket locations...Trying to leave behind unnecessary equipment... Tough for a pack rat....

Butch

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 5:56 PM, Barkoff said:
  1. Doesn't anyone use a vest anymore?  :) 

Very rarely... Because i always wear a wading jacket in the surf, it keeps me dry. I use the jacket pockets and a cheap shoulder sling for my tackle. 

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.