applecore

restriction against shipping hatchet to NYS?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Trying to purchase a hatchet that is on sale at Sierra Trading Post but there is a note saying that they can't ship to New York State. Has anyone else come across this with other online stores? Geez Louise, this really seems like overkill for public safety- assuming that's the basis for the restriction.

1 min ago, sytheteacher said:

Is it a hatchet that you want to purchase or a tomahawk that was designed for throwing???

It's 20+" forestry/camper hatchet. :)

When it comes to NYS law and regulation, don't ask why. It will not make any sense.  You can't buy permethrin treated clothing online, but you can buy gallons of the same chemical in full concentration. Don't get me started on the stupid knife law. 

28 mins ago, applecore said:

Trying to purchase a hatchet that is on sale at Sierra Trading Post but there is a note saying that they can't ship to New York State. Has anyone else come across this with other online stores? Geez Louise, this really seems like overkill for public safety- assuming that's the basis for the restriction.

"Geez Louise"....Nice...Long time no hear.
Are u Radar O'Reilly? Homie D's sells axes.

It’s that store.  They basically don’t ship anything with a blade to NY.   Probably easier for them to just not sell anything than to risk misinterpreting the whacked out NY laws.   Even more so because what they sell is pretty much always different.  

Tell them you are and Indian (Native American) and you need it. If they refuse to send it ......... you will hang their scalp on your wall..

:wag:n

STP is now in Rockland county NY! In NYS you can't ship brass knuckles, throwing knife sets, sword canes, some double edge knives, trench knives etc etc. I've always heard automatic knives are illegal, but the ancient NYS laws supposedly state while actively fishing or hunting under valid license one can possess a switchblade???

Several yrs ago I purchased a knife from a tackle shop

in Ohio, a while later my bag with knife was stolen so I went back to order a new one. To my surprise NY was missing from the list of states at checkout. I telephoned the shop and was told he received a letter from the NY AG stating that he would sue for damages if anything he sold was used in a crime. 

Turns out he was wrong about the sender it was Cyrus Vance Jr who sent out the letter he is the NYC DA.

I also contacted my local state representative who was going to straighten out the mess until he asked me what the item was I said a knife he hung up. He is now the County Executive.

Who elects these jackasses?

ps knife was legal even in NYC