bkupmstr

Other removable top buggies.

10 posts in this topic

So it’s time to research a beach buggy

ive searched the forum and found a few things already but was looking for any specifics you guys can offer

im looking for a removable top buggy that will not leave me stuck 

will be used almost exclusively on NJ beaches and back and forth 20 miles or so

dont really want new but would consider it

older is ok

love jeeps but just want to look at all options

thanks,

jim

If you’re looking for a new vehicle there isn’t much available.  If you are looking for a used vehicle there a few.  Suzuki, Toyota Land Cruiser, and the old Broncos, and Blasers.

17 mins ago, jsbergen said:

What exactly do you mean by a removable top buggy?

A 4wd that i can use to fish the beach

a removable top like a wranglers have

Last of the broncos. Prices have been going up on them though. I think 96 was the last year.  

k5 blazer, but your getting even older, I think the last of those was 91 and it would have tbi. 

70s ramcharger, but now your really getting old, a clean driveable one is not going to be cheap.

I'm a jeep guy but I'd go for a bronco. I think engine option were 4.9 straight 6, 5.0, 5.8, I don't really think you could go wrong with any of them. Right now I have a tj, whan we take it in the beach it's usually 3 of us and we really have to pick what to bring, we run out of room quick. I wish I still had my wagoneer. 

I know you were looking for ideas other than Jeeps but wanted to say one thing. The new Jk Wranglers are phenomenal ( as all jeeps are) for beach buggy/everyday use. Jeep prices have become super affordable as I picked up my 18’ for under 30k. The way the Wrangler handles the beach is simply incredible and I think if you are a frequent beach driver you can’t go wrong. No stock vehicle (beside Land-cruiser’s) can do what these cars do. It’s a great feeling having zero worries about ever gettin stuck again.  Good luck pal. 

B1414C1E-EACF-4A5B-8230-F43A366BB79D.jpeg

B78A11AB-FB1E-483E-99FA-C14A44B95870.jpeg

20 hours ago, jsbergen said:

I know you were looking for ideas other than Jeeps but wanted to say one thing. The new Jk Wranglers are phenomenal ( as all jeeps are) for beach buggy/everyday use. Jeep prices have become super affordable as I picked up my 18’ for under 30k. The way the Wrangler handles the beach is simply incredible and I think if you are a frequent beach driver you can’t go wrong. No stock vehicle (beside Land-cruiser’s) can do what these cars do. It’s a great feeling having zero worries about ever gettin stuck again.  Good luck pal. 

B1414C1E-EACF-4A5B-8230-F43A366BB79D.jpeg

B78A11AB-FB1E-483E-99FA-C14A44B95870.jpeg

Thank you