Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltfisherman

Today’s report, fishing that is.

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Went to the same place as last Sunday. Fish were chewing last week so why leave feeding fish. Water has chilled down a few degrees. It’s something else how water inthe 70s feels cold once you’ve been in water at 90*. 

The mangrove snapper got kicked out of their homes this week, the sheepshead are in town and in good numbers to start off the winter fishing with. Various sizes which is nice, not stacked up to much but spread out. I caught them in the same locations as last year and inthe mangrove edges again. 

I caught another redfish on the small side of slot. Same location too, which is not my style. Normally I can’t reproduce the same results the next week or the next hour with reds. 

No snook today.

Some small jacks again. 

We have white pelicans already, normally we don’t see them for another month. 

Fished all weekend. Saturday fished the ocean side for a short time, nothing much to report. Hit the intercoastal and landed a nice snook about 25 inches. I was fishig a canal with some docks and a down tree in the water, he took the fly and headed straight for the downed tree, I was able to turn it and get it to the Kayak, great fight, I want to catch more of these fish, such great fighters.

On Sunday, hit the beach and lots of Spanish around. Took home 3 nice ones, friend I was fishing with took home some for the smoker and ceviche. Ended up hitting a pretty good pod of rain bait and  everything was on them, Spanish , jacks, one tarpon seen and a ton of sharks. I ended up landing a black tip, guessing a 4 - 5 footer, no idea what the weight is, great fight and successful release.  Went back in the afternoon and caught a couple nice jacks on the fly. Lost a lot of spoons on the Spanish and Sharks.  

23 hours ago, aneary said:

Fished all weekend. Saturday fished the ocean side for a short time, nothing much to report. Hit the intercoastal and landed a nice snook about 25 inches. I was fishig a canal with some docks and a down tree in the water, he took the fly and headed straight for the downed tree, I was able to turn it and get it to the Kayak, great fight, I want to catch more of these fish, such great fighters.

On Sunday, hit the beach and lots of Spanish around. Took home 3 nice ones, friend I was fishing with took home some for the smoker and ceviche. Ended up hitting a pretty good pod of rain bait and  everything was on them, Spanish , jacks, one tarpon seen and a ton of sharks. I ended up landing a black tip, guessing a 4 - 5 footer, no idea what the weight is, great fight and successful release.  Went back in the afternoon and caught a couple nice jacks on the fly. Lost a lot of spoons on the Spanish and Sharks.  

You ever eat the black tips and is there a size limit?