Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surffish

Tautog fishing the concrete ships

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Today from 2-4 pm I tried Tautog kayak fishing from concrete ship for the first time but could not hook up with anything. I was using Tog jigs ranging from 1/2oz to 2oz using freshly cut blue crabs. Watched lots of utube videos bout tog fishing to get myself familiarize with the target fish but to no avail. I even move from place to place to find them still no fish. I was marking a bunch of bait fish but nothing big was under them. It was a beautiful day to be out even without a fish but those teens made me nervous seeing them in a Intex inflatable without dry suits.

Man that’s a ballsy move in an inflatable. Especially this time of year. I haven’t heard much about tog st all this year. I’ve been chomping at the bit to get out to cbbt, but the weather has kept me on the lake instead. What were the water temps out there? I wonder if it’s already getting to cold and moving them to deeper water...?

11 hours ago, Matt7082 said:

Man that’s a ballsy move in an inflatable. Especially this time of year. I haven’t heard much about tog st all this year. I’ve been chomping at the bit to get out to cbbt, but the weather has kept me on the lake instead. What were the water temps out there? I wonder if it’s already getting to cold and moving them to deeper water...?

I was young and crazy once upon a time but not that crazy. I’m guessing the testosterone that we eat from the meat nowadays.

Water was about 53-57F a few days prior to my trip it was already slow picking.