Where are the Clams

Rate this topic

jerseystriper

On 11/18/2018 at 9:39 PM, ChumSlickJon said:

Plenty of clams can be found along the rt35 area of the raritan bay shore.  :naughty:

Different kind of clams there, littlenecks / quahogs

The huge beds of surf clams off the beach are long buried or sucked up and killed off

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

On 11/18/2018 at 0:19 PM, Danny1199 said:

I remember reading the "environmental impact statement" when they first started doing the pumping...

"No significant harm to the environment".  I felt like Baghdad Bob was talking to me lol... "there are no Americans in Iraq" hahaha

This activity had destroyed the Cape May rips bass fishery.  Clams were a major food source...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 0:19 PM, Danny1199 said:

I remember reading the "environmental impact statement" when they first started doing the pumping...

"No significant harm to the environment".  I felt like Baghdad Bob was talking to me lol... "there are no Americans in Iraq" hahaha

On 11/22/2018 at 10:16 AM, Harf said:

This activity had destroyed the Cape May rips bass fishery.  Clams were a major food source...

On 12/6/2018 at 10:58 AM, msrief said:

Look at the industries that federal regulation has ruined; farming, fishing, and now on to healthcare!

In this case Beach replenishment could be offset with Jetties which would reduce the impact to bottom and the fishery that depends on it.