jerseystriper

Where are the Clams

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Used to be after a blow like we just had, surf clams would litter the surf line. Spent the afternoon fly fishing a beach that rhymes with eels and did not see a single surf clam. Mussels all torn up in the wash, yea, clams nada. Stripers were nada also. Clams are a important food source and now appear to be all gone. 

Any ideas on why?  

with all these years of $$$$ replenishment. where do you think they are ? I can remember when you could walk on more clam shells than sand , just one reason I scratch my head when I hear folks here say why is our fishery in such decline , again that's just one reason

I remember reading the "environmental impact statement" when they first started doing the pumping...

"No significant harm to the environment".  I felt like Baghdad Bob was talking to me lol... "there are no Americans in Iraq" hahaha

4 hours ago, Artie Fishil said:

Along with the mussels, crabs, shrimp and worms. The AOCE destroyed the bottom of the food chain.

Leave out the worms and I'll put the rest on top of some linguini.

On 11/18/2018 at 1:28 PM, Artie Fishil said:

Along with the mussels, crabs, shrimp and worms. The AOCE destroyed the bottom of the food chain.

You must be mistaken.

The ACOE said they would not disrupt habitats.