dixiekraut

Buxton for Thanksgiving

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

2 mins ago, ByronPA said:

Yeah that really sucks. I guess there's not much you can do, other than move on.

Yeah...the shame of it is there looks like some nice drop offs and sloughs right in front of our beach house ( a year ago this time there was a barge parked off the beach pumping sand...the new beach extended out a 100 yards it looked like...now the slough is  a short walk right out front ). Guess we will have to focus our effforts elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, dixiekraut said:

Yeah...the shame of it is there looks like some nice drop offs and sloughs right in front of our beach house ( a year ago this time there was a barge parked off the beach pumping sand...the new beach extended out a 100 yards it looked like...now the slough is  a short walk right out front ). Guess we will have to focus our effforts elsewhere.

As I speak, I am on the ferry back from Ocracoke. Did really good yesterday on black drum and puppy drum on the North End. Lots of nice holes between ramps 59 and 63. Some of those holes are not accessible during high tide. Good luck and have fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever seen a fist fight or pistols pulled? It used to happen. Hate to see the small plane trolling the beach, may as well go to the bar.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah seems like the specks are back, there were some down Ramp 55 in October. That’s a nice fish. 

I was down for Thanksgiving week last year. I didn’t catch a lot of different fish, mostly sea mullet and small blues.

Caught most of my fish this past trip on shrimp, the small black drum ate them up and the specks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go figure...I got more hits on tiny bits of shrimp on a sibiki rig this past weekend than any of my hi lo or fish finder rigs baited with mullet and bunker. I had those pesky 10 inch bluefish hitting the shrimp...was probably the tinsel tails that attracted their attention.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dixiekraut said:

Go figure...I got more hits on tiny bits of shrimp on a sibiki rig this past weekend than any of my hi lo or fish finder rigs baited with mullet and bunker. I had those pesky 10 inch bluefish hitting the shrimp...was probably the tinsel tails that attracted their attention.

 

 

 

I break the tails off and sometimes I take the shell off too. The tail causes the hook to twist with the current. The scent is the main attraction, at least that is what I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 mins ago, Retainer said:

I break the tails off and sometimes I take the shell off too. The tail causes the hook to twist with the current. The scent is the main attraction, at least that is what I think.

I'd throw pepperoni pieces if it would catch me some fish!   Happy Thanksgiving!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.