D1fishr

Dead river rough cut

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Thoughts?  I can't find it in the library.  I was considering purchase, but usually first screen stuff for free. I thought it would be a good film for snow days or nights in deer camp. 

Captivating film. Not in very many public libraries. I've got the VHS (remember them?) version. They are now available on a DVD ($25 from publisher). You tube has several cuts available-see Bob Wagg pull his tooth and save some dentist costs. Nice viewing on a cold winter night

PS-I have a camp in Maine and know some characters quite similar to the Rough Cut guys. They all seem to have an aversion to dentist.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Peter D said:

PS-I have a camp in Maine and know some characters quite similar to the Rough Cut guys. They all seem to have an aversion to dentist.

They don't have an aversion to the Dentist, they just live above "The Tooth Line"...

For you out there that want to explore Deer Camp life Midwest style, get a hold of "Escanaba in 'da Moonlight", a look at Michigan's Upper Peninsula Deer Camp life starring Jeff Daniels, really hysterical and true to life.  It's available streaming free for any Amazon Prime members out there.

Edited by Roccus7

I meant no disparagement to Maine folk. I hunt, fish and associate with a number of Mainers - in many ways they are more enlightened, and a joy to be with, than a number of elites in my neck of the woods back home.