shbeachbum

Officers bust 3 for poaching striped bass on Manasquan River

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

I'll bet that they are not really Pennsylvania residents. Probably from Lakewood. When I lived in Jackson,NJ I would see cars or trucks with out of state tags coming from Lakewood,NJ with local car dealer identification decals on the back. They use addresses for sale in other states. I once was fishing a local lake in Jackson,NJ near Lakewood and there was another car in the parking lot with Pa. Tags. When I get to the spot I like to fish at there were three adults( NO Visible License)and a couple of kids fishing.I just said hello and started fishing next to them. About a half hour latter a Conservation Officer is next to me and asks me to give him my license which was visible (back of hat). He then asked the other group adults for their licenses (they had none) and then he asks for driver license they had none and refused to acknowledge that they owned the car. He confiscates their fishing tackle plus cooler which had no value. They call their local Community Organizer who shows up later with a flat bed and hauls the car away, and they walk home. If we normal  citizens with proper I.D. and in state registration for vehicle would do this we would get run up the flag pole. 

2 mins ago, ckogel said:

I'll bet that they are not really Pennsylvania residents. Probably from Lakewood. When I lived in Jackson,NJ I would see cars or trucks with out of state tags coming from Lakewood,NJ with local car dealer identification decals on the back. They use addresses for sale in other states. I once was fishing a local lake in Jackson,NJ near Lakewood and there was another car in the parking lot with Pa. Tags. When I get to the spot I like to fish at there were three adults( NO Visible License)and a couple of kids fishing.I just said hello and started fishing next to them. About a half hour latter a Conservation Officer is next to me and asks me to give him my license which was visible (back of hat). He then asked the other group adults for their licenses (they had none) and then he asks for driver license they had none and refused to acknowledge that they owned the car. He confiscates their fishing tackle plus cooler which had no value. They call their local Community Organizer who shows up later with a flat bed and hauls the car away, and they walk home. If we normal  citizens with proper I.D. and in state registration for vehicle would do this we would get run up the flag pole. 

Sounds about right.  I'm in Ocean County as well and nearly every car I see with out of state tags I look at the driver/passengers and they are all spanish, mexican, latin american...whatever you want to call them.  They are living in this state and have a license or residence listed from some other state since they cannot produce the 6 points needed here in NJ. 

2 mins ago, ckogel said:

4 mins ago, 40shades-of-blue said:

Sounds about right.  I'm in Ocean County as well and nearly every car I see with out of state tags I look at the driver/passengers and they are all spanish, mexican, latin american...whatever you want to call them.  They are living in this state and have a license or residence listed from some other state since they cannot produce the 6 points needed here in NJ. 

This type of fraud just doesnt happen.  You MUST be mistaken.

3 hours ago, MakoMike said:

My point is that from a fishery perspective, which it seems is what most of you are bitching about, a dead fish is a dead fish. what happens to it after its dead has absolutely nothing to do with the future of the species' population.

so if say pollutants kill 3 million striped bass which wash ashore it means nothing for the future of the bass. OK I got it

On 11/17/2018 at 9:31 AM, ckogel said:

they are our replacements and federal local city state and county law does not apply to them. we have become suicidal and complacent and cant see there is a war on US citizens. and if you think traitor LEO's up to the federal level will do anything read the post above. *

Edited by TimS
I'm sorry, but that's so incredibly ignorant and inappropriate I'm removing it - please leave your race issues out of these discussions

I never thought about that with a salt water license. If you catch offenders without a license in place, there is no way in banning them after fines are levied. 

Edited by The Riddler

4 hours ago, MakoMike said:

My point is that from a fishery perspective, which it seems is what most of you are bitching about, a dead fish is a dead fish. what happens to it after its dead has absolutely nothing to do with the future of the species' population.

Of course it matters.  It's about Net Gain.  The penalties listed above are not severe at all for the amount of fish they had.  If they're selling the fish and making profit they will be willing to accept getting caught once in awhile as a cost of doing business.  They get a 2K haircut for getting busted, but if they made 25K this year(tax free) poaching bass that's a risk worth taking. The weak fines certainly encourage people to continue these illegal practices if they're making money doing so.  Guy poaching for the freezer or the tomato patch will stop if he gets clipped twice at 2K....Not worth the risk.   

So F+G writes a ticket 4 ILLEGAL fish. They don’t pay it. They get caught again. The Judge gives them $40.00 credit for each day in jail. After they “pay” the fine Governor Turd sends them back out in the community to poach again. Not to mention they have demonstrated their disregard of Federal Law, State Law and F+G enforcement. What are the chances they are committing crimes that are a lot more serious?!?! 

I am sure if F+G had determined they were selling these fish Governor Turd’s directive would be to disregard Federal Law and release them into our communities. 

My 2

I was talking to the owner of a tackle shop I go to and we got into the whole DEC thing. He said one of the officers told him they were told not to bother them because they trying to feed their families. We both agreed that it's a total bunch of horse ****. So if you're here illegally you can fish illegally.

BTW in certain parts of NYC, there are more people from Pa.(or so their plates say) than anywhere else.

Edited by fdhog

3 hours ago, Oakey said:

Of course it matters.  It's about Net Gain.  The penalties listed above are not severe at all for the amount of fish they had.  If they're selling the fish and making profit they will be willing to accept getting caught once in awhile as a cost of doing business.  They get a 2K haircut for getting busted, but if they made 25K this year(tax free) poaching bass that's a risk worth taking. The weak fines certainly encourage people to continue these illegal practices if they're making money doing so.  Guy poaching for the freezer or the tomato patch will stop if he gets clipped twice at 2K....Not worth the risk.   

I thought the sale of striped bass in NJ in any way shape or form was illegal? If that's true, who would buy them? Certainly not a restaurant that couldn't sell them.

Edited by MakoMike

2 hours ago, petesgonefishing said:

So F+G writes a ticket 4 ILLEGAL fish. They don’t pay it. They get caught again. The Judge gives them $40.00 credit for each day in jail. After they “pay” the fine Governor Turd sends them back out in the community to poach again. Not to mention they have demonstrated their disregard of Federal Law, State Law and F+G enforcement. What are the chances they are committing crimes that are a lot more serious?!?! 

I am sure if F+G had determined they were selling these fish Governor Turd’s directive would be to disregard Federal Law and release them into our communities. 

My 2

99.999%

1 hour ago, fdhog said:

I was talking to the owner of a tackle shop I go to and we got into the whole DEC thing. He said one of the officers told him they were told not to bother them because they trying to feed their families. We both agreed that it's a total bunch of horse ****. So if you're here illegally you can fish illegally.

BTW in certain parts of NYC, there are more people from Pa.(or so their plates say) than anywhere else.

This is 100% a bunch of horsechit.   "just feeding my family".  Check the $600 cell phones half of the have.  

A shaming website or a shaming thread would be, imo, a terrific way to start the ball rolling in th eright direction.  I dont know why no one backs this.  No major sites do it.   There ust be a reason, no?