Favorite blade fixed/ folder

Rate this topic

Bfishes333

28 mins ago, bospa357 said:

I have a lot of traditional slipjoint knives (modern knives too). I have a sickness which includes a substantial knife collection. What I've shown isn't even the tip of the iceberg. :laugh:

Case went through a period of mediocre quality, but the last couple years they have improved a great deal. I wouldn't really hesitate on one now. Some of their patterns or bone dye offerings are not much to my liking, but they're getting better in those respects as well. 

The knife you posted would be the exact knife I was going to buy. I like that "bone" color. The lock back "mako" style case I posted was basically the same knife I had as a kid. It wasn't a case (I don't think) but it was a good knife. Served me well, whittling and what not. 

23 mins ago, bospa357 said:

Elephant Ivory scales. :howdy:

4xXUDh8.jpg

iADgc7T.jpg

Really nice example.  Not just the Ivory scales but the blade choice would work for so many things.

The wheels on my reels go round and round...round and round...round and round...

My favorite blade.  MS 261.  Had it about 6 months and I swear it keeps cutting faster everytime I use it.  Perfect power to size ratio for 75% of what I cut.  I still love my 390 and that big engine is more pleasing to the ears over the 261.  I've cut more wood with the 390 in the past 14 years than I care to think about and I honestly feel like I'm cheating on it when I grab the little brother but that big bitch tries to kill you lugging it up and down the mountain. 

Note the homenade sheath!

20190106_172258.jpg

Edited by JaseB

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter

1 min ago, JaseB said:

My favorite blade.  MS 261.  Had it about 6 months and I swear it keeps cutting faster everytime I use it.  Perfect power to size ratio for 75% of what I cut.  I still live my 390 and I've cut more wood with it in the past 14 years than I care to think about, but that big bitch tries to kill you lugging it up and down the mountain. 

Note the homenade sheath!

20190106_172258.jpg

Who needs Kydex when you've got a custom milk crate. :clap:

47 mins ago, bospa357 said:

Here's a hand made custom Barlow a friend made for me. :clap:

dw5lHKW.jpg?1

Awesome.   All of it.  You're a good man Bob.

Round here, there aint a higher compliment. 

It's are way of vouching for someone kindve like the Guidios do in your hood.

3 mins ago, JaseB said:

Awesome.   All of it.  You're a good man Bob.

Round here, there aint a higher compliment. 

It's are way of vouching for someone kindve like the Guidios do in your hood.

Thanks Jase. Not many Guido's in my hood. I'm on the Irish Riviera here. :laugh: :howdy:

6 mins ago, bospa357 said:

Thanks Jase. Not many Guido's in my hood. I'm on the Irish Riviera here. :laugh: :howdy:

Nor here!

Tom and KOQ would get pulled over by the Deputies based on profiling.

Edited by JaseB

3 mins ago, mike3dr said:

Bob you have to stop posting pics. You already infected me and I’m weak Bob , weak I say.  Stop it. (Ok just one more pic for me please). 

15468223250895899218233733523770.jpg

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..