Bfishes333

Favorite blade fixed/ folder

Rate this topic

3,897 posts in this topic

29 mins ago, Ebbtide231 said:

Yes, as I said it cant be opened with a flic or downward arm movement meeting their standard.  I got it directly from manufacturer, they have two models, one they give to the secret service which is an auto open, and an assisted open which I got the all clear from the guys at penn plaza and the HSA who were there. 

The con against the cheap SOG ones is that with a little practice you can flick them open, particularly as they age. 

50 mins ago, TheKnot said:

A laynard  never hurt nobody

Kershaw leek neck knife.JPG

Kershaw Neck dagger.JPGKershaw leek and dagger

I admire your choice in firewood selection.  I seek out black locust like it's an addiction.

The dagger though......ehhhhh.....

you get mugged much?

It burns great as you know Jase whenever I find it I take all I can carry. As far as the dagger is concerned you never know when it might happen. But I rarely ever wear it it just hangs around in the house

25 mins ago, buckmaster said:

Yes, as I said it cant be opened with a flic or downward arm movement meeting their standard.  I got it directly from manufacturer, they have two models, one they give to the secret service which is an auto open, and an assisted open which I got the all clear from the guys at penn plaza and the HSA who were there. 

The con against the cheap SOG ones is that with a little practice you can flick them open, particularly as they age. 

Just looking out for ya :)

9 hours ago, redfishkiller said:

I'm sitting in the ghetto , taking a nap, waiting for the store to open, I have my EDC in my lap

15470354430405352147863015036668.jpg

Heritage Rough Rider 22 Win Mag...ask me how I know?  Lotsa fun afternoons with that one.

Heritage.JPG

Getting caught up on this thread.  I had no idea knock-offs were such a problem...Ebay, duh!  But Amazon...seriously?  I believe you, I just didn't realize it's a thing.

Anyway, back to the story.  Unboxed today from Knife Country...

Boker.JPG

Boker I.JPG

Boker II.JPG

Oh, if someone could add to this question I'd sure appreciate it.  Knife Country's website clearly says "Made in China".  Several other vendors claim "Made in Germany".  The knife itself has no "China" markings.  If fact, the scales medallion says "Germany" on it but is that because Boker is headquartered in Germany?  Anyway, is there an ACTUAL law that says if a product is manufactured in China it must in fact state that on the product?

Boker III.JPG

40 mins ago, mako20ft said:

Oh, if someone could add to this question I'd sure appreciate it.  Knife Country's website clearly says "Made in China".  Several other vendors claim "Made in Germany".  The knife itself has no "China" markings.  If fact, the scales medallion says "Germany" on it but is that because Boker is headquartered in Germany?  Anyway, is there an ACTUAL law that says if a product is manufactured in China it must in fact state that on the product?

Boker III.JPG

The law is to be labeled with country of origin. It's for US Customs. Don't think country of origin necessarily means means it was made there.  

What are the requirements for country of origin marking on goods that are imported into the U.S.?

The United States (U.S.), marking statute, Section 304, Tariff Act of 1930, as amended (19 U.S.C. 1304) requires that, unless excepted, every article of foreign origin (or its container) imported into the U.S. shall be marked with its country of origin.

Goods that are imported into the U. S. are required to have a country of origin marking, such as; the country of manufacture, production, or growth of any article of foreign origin entering the United States. There are exceptions to this requirement. For instance, for goods that are incapable of being marked (i.e. fruit), it is appropriate to mark the outer container with the country of origin.

For additional information on exemptions to marking requirements, see 19 C.F.R. §134.32.

Prior to importing your goods into the U. S., you should ensure the overseas supplier has marked the goods with the country of origin. For example, goods originating in China should be marked "Made in China". The marking must be legible and permanent enough for the ultimate purchaser to be made aware of the goods origin.

The ultimate purchaser is the person who will last purchase or receive the article in the condition in which it was imported. That could be a consumer (one who buys), processor (one who further processes materials) or recipient (receiver of a gift).

I know it's a little hard to see but there's an epee sword on the shelf. This is at my brother's house but it was my dad's sword. I don't remember why he had it. There is not protective tip on that thing and man is it sharp! 

Another one without a story but I used to sneak into my dad's room and play with it. 

5686894881.jpg

My parents bought their house as an estate. Two civil war swords, one cutlass and one calvary. I think my sister ended up with them (will executor) 

3 mins ago, seadogface said:

My parents bought their house as an estate. Two civil war swords, one cutlass and one calvary. I think my sister ended up with them (will executor) 

Ha ha. Yeah that will happen. 

I was chosen as the exec by my old man, as I'm the oldest and his junior. After short contemplation (30 sec) I said, "Shannon is much better at paperwork". So I passed it on to my younger sister, with no objections from anyone. 

When it came to dividing everything up, we didn't really care much what went to who. Split the money three ways and took whatever memorabilia and whatever else we wanted. It just seemed to work out perfectly. The only thing I took pretty much all of was the tools. I took the time to go through them and make up tool kits for my bro and give him anything I had one of already. Plus, we live about 25 min from each other so there's no issue borrowing. 

4 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

nice gripage 

And cheap.  Gun was ok as a 22 but with the magnum cylinder it's actually useful.

9 mins ago, mako20ft said:

And cheap.  Gun was ok as a 22 but with the magnum cylinder it's actually useful.

lol, I basically traded a Steven's 311 16 gauge a sears model one 22 and a savage  30/06 for it to my kid lol