Bfishes333

Favorite blade fixed/ folder

Rate this topic

2,077 posts in this topic

I have a Spyderco Manix2 that I love to pieces. Broke a tiny bit of the tip off trying to open an oyster like a dummy. They are reprofiling it now for free. Love Spyderco. 

Benchmade Osborn, need to send it in for servicing and I’m retiring it. With my job I could lose my blade fairly easily. Right now I have a dirt cheap Gerber folder. I’m looking to upgrade to something good, but not something I will be upset if I lose and won’t be very expensive. Cause I would have to replace it right away. I always have a knife on me.

Edited by Jdeadman66

I had a kershaw cryo for a few years and loved it. That thing would pry, slice and keep an edge. Great pocket carry. Lost it about 6 months ago and was pissed. Tore the whole house and work truck up looking for it. Picked up an amplitude just because that was the only kershaw they had and they wouldn’t sell me the display cryo 2. Not caring that it wouldn’t come in a box meant nothing to them. It’s a good knife, just don’t like the feel as much as the cryo. 

I abuse mine, so the $8 Husky at home Depot does the job. I got one the other day, has a wooden handle. $8. Partly serrated. Last one got heisted by TSA when I forgot to pack it couple weeks ago. Fakkas.

30 mins ago, chessie_yaker said:

I had a kershaw cryo for a few years and loved it. That thing would pry, slice and keep an edge. Great pocket carry. Lost it about 6 months ago and was pissed. Tore the whole house and work truck up looking for it. Picked up an amplitude just because that was the only kershaw they had and they wouldn’t sell me the display cryo 2. Not caring that it wouldn’t come in a box meant nothing to them. It’s a good knife, just don’t like the feel as much as the cryo. 

The Cryo 2 is awesome. But it's kind of heavy which some people don't like.

1 hour ago, Mokes said:

I have a Spyderco Manix2 that I love to pieces. Broke a tiny bit of the tip off trying to open an oyster like a dummy. They are reprofiling it now for free. Love Spyderco. 

Homosaywhat? 

Benchmade Griptillian 551. I’ve been carrying these knives for years and just lost my 551 from the custom shop with the s30v blade. 

Edited by webfoot44

Depends.  <g>  Whenever anyone asks about a favorite anything, there's always that qualification....depends.  We come from many walks of life and professions and different interests.  Knives are tools and which ever best suits those needs are many.  Today's activities may demand that a particular knife be in my pocket.  Tomorrows favorite may be something entirely different depending upon what's needed to get me through the day.  Normally I don't see this as a problem as I think it is entirely normal to EDC three knives. 

If asked for an overall favorite, I guess it would come down to what I carry most often and that would be a Spyderco Mantra 2.  Not a very popular knife....especially with those Spydie nuts who like those broad leaf blade shapes that take up real estate in your pocket.  Nor do I particularly care for big holes in my blades.  The Mantra 2 just carries so well in the pocket.  Better than the leaf bladed regular Mantra.

In my pocket just as often is a Sanrenmu 7010 but I wouldn't exactly call it a favorite.  It's sole role is a just in case knife.  Just in case someone wants to borrow a knife.  Just in case I have to cut wire or otherwise abuse a blade.

When at the beach, the Mantra 2 stays home.  Salt air and M4 steel don't play well together.  A Spydiechef takes its place in my pocket.

Hunting season brings a different set of answers.  Depending upon the game.