Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boxlock

Frisco Pier

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Was down this fall in October and noticed the Frisco Pier has seen better days to say the least. Anyone know if there are any plans with the Park Service to build another or is this the end ??

Posted (edited) · Report post

Demolition of the remaining pilings is to be sped up with the purchase of special equipment. They've been dodging bad weather and seasonal nesting of wildlife ....like sea  turtles. I haven't read anything about an eventual replacement being built.

Edited by dixiekraut

My wife and I used to go to Frisco quite a bit. The last time we were there in May of 2013 the pier was a sad sight--today I am sure it is broken up even more.

the Frisco Pier in 2013

IMG_0139.jpg.a2971e32e3ce46450f4daff5ee8bf27d.jpg

I was just down around Cape Lookout fishing for false albacore and ran down Bogue Bank in the boat towards Emerald Isle and saw the damage just done to the Bogue Inlet Pier by Hurricane Florence. Hopefully this pier can be repaired. 

Bogue Inlet Pier Oct. 2018

IMG_2135.jpg.97cb30246a488840f7297ca1b9e4d48c.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg.42f558d169959194a6cebfedccce6a9b.jpg

Frisco Pier is gone.  They've taken down everything except a couple pilings out in deeper water, with no plans to rebuild it.  Pier house is gone as well, just the parking lot remains.